[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stafford for Megatron

I have a trade offer where I send Matt Stafford and receive Megatron in return.

I have Cam Newton and Brian Hoyer as my backups and Alex Smith on waiver wire is a pickup possibility for extra insurance.

Should I do this trade hoping that Megatron returns to form later in the season and during fantasy playoffs?

I definetly would considering that you have Cam Newton i live in the Detroit area and word is that Calvin will be at 100% after the lions come back from their bye in week 9 so by week 10 youll have the best QB in the league again.

Also Stafford hasn't played great recently and Cam is starting to use his legs more which is always a + for a QB

Yea i would do this too. CJ should start doing what he normally does and Stafford hasnt been amazing so. Hoyer will be a good play this week against Jax even though i think Cam will be a good play vs GB this week also. Either way i think you should accept this

You didn't include enough info for anyone to make an informed decision on this trade.

What is the lineup of your trade partner? Usually bye week 6 you can tell who your competition will be. Is this guy one of them? Are you improving his chances by giving him Stafford?

Generally speaking I'd usually be up for giving away Stafford for CJ easily, but lets say this guys only option now at QB is McCown or Glennon, and he already has Dez, AJ, Julio, and Antonio at WR. Your goal in pickups and trades can't just be to help your team, you also have to consider what will either not help or hinder your opponents.