[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need advice - Big trade potential

hogspot

I'm new to the site, hello, looks like a lot of FF fanatics with some good insight...didn't even realize it was online, but I need some others advice...I'm split 50/50 on a possible trade...I'm in a dynasty league, this is our 3rd season...I drafted Andrew Luck as my top pick 3 years ago knowing he was going to evolve into what he has become...that sets up the scenario...now..we are in a 1 QB, 2(3)RB, 3(4)WR, 1(2)TE flex...I won't go into all of the defensive players since they aren't relevant to the trade...

My roster for QB, RB, WR:

QB: Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Zack Mettenberger, Teddy Bridgewater, Mark Sanchez (somehow got him snatched off of the free agent pool)..

RB: Lesean McCoy, LaVeon Bell, Alfred Morris, Justin Forsett, Damien Williams

WR: TY Hilton, Randall Cobb, Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, Cecil Shorts, Cody Lattimer, Kendall Wright

The other guys roster:

QB: Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Manziel

RB: Giovanni Bernard, Jeremy Hill, Fred Jackson...others, but I'm not at all considering

WR: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Brandin Cooks, Allen Robinson, Crabtree

Draft Picks: 1st Rd 2015, (2) 2nd round 2015

His proposed trade:

Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Giovanni Bernard, Jeremy Hill

for

Andrew Luck

Thoughts? Should I add to his potential trade, or not even consider it? I would definitely have to clear out some of my roster to accommodate the trade. I'm torn because I know Luck is the next Peyton Manning. All of his offerings are around 25 years old, like Luck...big time for a dynasty league...

Thanks for any insight or advice! I appreciate it. I usually don't seek advice of others, but this is a big one in a dynasty league.

I would take it if you are in the playoff hunt. You have serviceable QBs behind Luck that could turn out to be pretty good and would get awesome young WRs and RBs in return. This could get you over the edge this season and not set you back too far in the long run either

Thanks for the advice...both of you share similar thoughts. I forgot to mention I'm 8-2 and lead the league by 200+ points in total points forced...basically...I feel if I trade him, I have to hope Tannehill and/or Sanchez pan out, and eventually Bridgewater/Mettenberger, but in return, I receive 4 players 25 or younger, and 2 additional top 10 receivers to go with my current receiving corp. Looks like it's just something I'm going to have to weigh all of the pros/cons before pulling the trigger.

Somehow in a dynasty league you have 5 starting qbs right now. Sanchez is a great plug play for you and given all those options you're bound to have a favorable matchup every week. While you also get so much upside in all of those prospects.

Also looking deeper it may not be bad to stay put and deal some cheaper things. You have your Wrs and RBs set at least this year and there young guys to bound to stay on track at least another year. While luck is the number one Qb by far in dynasty leagues.

This is actually a really tough choice but in either situation I think you're the winner here haha.

I'm leaning more towards taking the chance at losing luck with all your young qb options and take that Rediculous skill position depth

Maybe throw in some of the guys you were going to drop and grab Carson or Big Ben. They should come cheap as they're old. Big Ben would be a good starter this and next year. Carson will at least be a vet and consistent start next year. He is guarenteed a lot of money to not ride the bench

That's my biggest dilemma...I'm in a 36 player Dynasty...built this team 3 years ago, basically, when we started knowing I would take my lumps the first year (finished 8-8, missed the playoffs but won the consolation playoffs and the first overall pick in 2013)...got knocked out first round last year, and this year I'm on pace to finally do some damage...like I anticipated when I drafted young 3 years ago, hoping the league would stay together, which it has. Now I've developed some pretty good, young depth at WR and RB, and like you said, really bolstered my QB lineup...

I'm starting to lean toward making the trade...losing the top QB, but gaining a ton of depth across the board.

My god definitely do that trade. he is giving you wayyy too much for luck but that's his stupiditiy. Take the trade, keep antonio brown because he is an absolute stud. Then make a package deal involving julio jones, Gio bernard and maybe cobb and youll get a QB1 back in return. Definitely pounce on that trade!

I wouldn't do it. you have the #1 qb for a lot of years to come. 2 top 10 running backs, 3 top 10 wide receivers. I would stay put honestly, especially if you are 8-2 at this point. Also considering the youth of most of your players, there is lots of room for growth already...

Edited by vakus

I appreciate all of the advice. I think I'm going to stick with my roster and try to deal him Sanchez for Antonio Brown. I doubt he'll take it, but what's it hurt trying. I don't think you can replace Luck for years...he's the next Manning. I've already got a loaded RB & WR crop, and would have to drop a lot of other players to accommodate this trade.

youre getting the best WR in the league for YEARS to come in Julio Jones, Antonio brown is good just not as good IMO as 6-10 other guys

Lol. This makes me laugh. Julio Jones is good yes, hasn't been good this year minus one huge game and 2 average games. And there is 6-10 guys better than Antonio Brown huh? Who are they? Because he's a top 3 WR in the league dude look at his CONSISTENT stats week in and week out the past two years. The top 5 recievers in the league are Megatron, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant/ Jordy Nelson with Julio right behind them. You can put those 5 guys in any order you'd like but bottom line is they are THE top 5 in the league.