[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for Sanchez (yes, Sanchez...)

fruityloop516

I was an unimpressed Nick Foles owner who was left empty handed last week and unfortunately wasn't able to pick him up on waivers. It's come down to a battle between the Carson Palmer owner and I. Here is the proposed trade (by the Sanchez owner):

Send:

• Martellus Bennett
  • Odell Beckham Jr.

Receive:

• Mark Sanchez

Long story short, some guy in our league dropped Bennett for a bye week 9 and I needed a bye week 10 TE. I was able to pick up Bennett with my waiver priority and made the assessment that no one would go for Sanchez, so I should have been able to snatch him up as my 2nd priority... and I was wrong (other guy needed a bye week QB for Luck).

My Roster:

• QB - Kyle Orton
  • RB - Ronnie Hillman (Injured)
  • RB - Forsette
  • WR - Calvin Johnson
  • WR - AJ Green
  • TE - Antonio Gates
  • FLEX - Odell Beckham
  • DEF - Lions
  • K - Who cares

Bench:

• Josh Gordon
  • Joique Bell
  • Steve Smith
  • RG3
  • Charles Sims
  • Brandon Lafell
  • Martellus Bennett

Am I giving up too much for Sanchez? Probably.

For reference, here's my opponent's team (He's stacked).

Roster:

• QB - Andrew Luck
  • RB - Le'Veon Bell
  • RB - Jamaal Charles
  • WR - Jordy Nelson
  • WR - Jermey Maclin
  • TE - Zach Ertz
  • FLEX - Eric Decker
  • DEF - Dolphins
  • K - Who cares

Bench:

• Adrian Peterson
  • Broncos Defense
  • Terrance Williams
  • Nick Novak
  • James Starks
  • Clay Harbor
  • Mark Sanchez

Out of every QB on waivers, he is by far the best choice and has the highest chance of giving me good performances consistently. The Eagles have excellent protection from a Pro-Bowl stacked O-Line, great receivers, 2 fantastic PASS catching runningbacks and a great defense to back him up.

Just a few notable QB's on waivers or that I already own:

- RG3 = the epitome of inconsistent and injury prone, would only play him on a matchup basis.

- Kyle Orton = probably consistent 15 points a game, but if I'm playing to win I'm going to need more than that.

- Ryan Mallet = the Texans are more than likely making a mistake benching Fitzpatrick. I doubt his ability to produce more than Fitz, rookie QB's rarely fulfill.

- Bridgewater = maybe, just maybe might be more consistent IF Peterson comes back.

Play matchups every week over giving up ODB and bennet. Sanchez is not an every week starter by far. Doesn't matter that he may be the most consistent or safest play. With Qbs its to easy to play matchups. Look at your current qbs, see who you want to start each week and just plan ahead. There's only a limited amount of games. Sanchez won't play every week where ODB easily could

You make a good point. I don't know if Gordon is going to produce his numbers from last year and AJ'S production is often hindered by Andy Daltons ineptitude. I'm holding off on the trade, as I can't risk his team being unstoppable. After looking at the upcoming schedules and offensive production, Bennett is more consistent and has an easier schedule ahead

You have RG3 on your bench and your trying to trade for sanchez? RG3 plays the bucs this week and hes loaded with weapons around him, not to mention his upside, if he gets back to what he was his rookie yesr, he's a top 10 qb. I'd start him over interception sanchez any day.