[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR's - Waiver Wire Advice

arkarg

I'm dropping Carson Palmer because now hes injured and I don't really need a backup QB anymore since Andrew Luck is back from his bye. I'm looking to pick up a WR for depth because I just can't trust Michael Floyd at this point. Its a 3 WR and 1 Flex league so the waiver pool is pretty picked over. Below are the WR's available that I could consider.

1/2 PPR League

Robert Woods, Buf

Stevie Johnson, SF

Markus Wheaton, Pit

John Brown, Ari

Allen Hurns, Jax

Kenny Stills, NO

Justin Hunter, Ten

Kenny Britt, STL

I've been leaning towards Woods or Brown. I figure with Brown, I would then own Michael Floyd and Brown, and I could wait and see who Stanton targets more.

Please let me know your 1st and 2nd choice

Thanks!

John Brown for sure, the rest are hit or miss. I would have to say your second-best option is Allen Hurns, despite being on a terrible team he gets targets from Bortles, the Jags are throwing a lot to try and catch up when they're down, and Hurns can generally fluff his points in garbage time.

Woods isn't a terrible choice but Orton hasn't really been spreading the ball around, rather he has adopted a "drop the ball to Watkins and see what happens" mentality and so far its been working. Woods probably wont have many consistent opportunities in that offense.

Edited by MikeFL25
  • Like 1

Brown has been a good target for Stanton and you know the Cardnials like to throw the ball deep early and often throughout the game.

I like Hurns as well but the inconsistency of the entire team plus Bortles makes him very inconsistent just too many young inexperienced working parts in that Jax offense, I love the talent and potential but you can't rely on it.. I see AZ looking to make a statement and get home field to the superbowl if possible the way they do it is feeding Brown and/or Floyd or both unfortunately Floyd's not been able to catch the ball perhaps now things will change. Brown's a WR3/Flex with WR2 potential.. boom bust but can get a lot on little every week and contributes weekly doesn't completely disappear from games.

• Like 1