[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Football Divisions

I am running my league on ESPN... I want to make divisions for basically just to do it.. But I'm worried that when I make divisions some teams with better records won't make the playoffs. Does making divisions matter? I don't want a 7-7 team to make it and a 10-4 team to not because their division was tougher.

How many divisions are you planning? How many teams make playoffs? We use 2 divisions.

2 divisions. But let's say

Division A's best team is 8-6

Division B has two teams at 9-5 and 1 team at 8-6

It's kind of wack division A gets a player because of winning the meaningless division

Its Fantasy Football. You can mirror it to match the actual NFL or you can make it whatever you want to be. If you have 2 divisions I'm assuming you would at least have a playoff of 4 teams. In your example the teams have played 14 games...so I'd imagine your playoffs are weeks 15-16. That would give you 4 teams. In your example all 4 of those teams make the playoffs - two at 9-5 and two at 8-6.

I do this in my league. We have 3 division of 4 teams each. Each team plays 2 division games and all of the other teams once (with the exception of one team).

Occasionally we do have a team that wins the division with a lesser record than the 2nd place team in another division, however, we mirror it exactly like the NFL (and this happens in the NFL too).

Those higher records still make the playoffs, albeit as wild cards.

We have a 12 team league with 6 teams making playoffs and the top 2 seeds getting byes.

This has made it very competitive and fun. I even set up the schedule for division games in weeks 1,5,8,11,12,13 to add to the drama at the end of the season.

All in all, best teams still get into the playoffs. Just sometimes, a better record has to go in as a wild card.

Sorry for the novel

Too many long responses, so I apologize if it's been said, but... As league manager in ESPN leagues, you can adjust your teams making the playoffs. Just let everyone know that the best teams will make the playoffs, and then adjust as needed.

Probably easier to do 1 division total and take the top XX teams.