[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wr trade question

dakotaman

I am being offered wr Matthews (titans) for W. Fuller(Texans)

Fuller for me is more of a bye week injury replacement. I have Diggs, d.bryant, Parker, M jones as wr's so I feel that Matthews has better longer seson potential  and Marriotta is starting on mon night. Fuller is my starting wr this week due to bye's/injury but Matthews against the colts is a good matchup plus Fuller is on a bye week next week.

Should I Make the trade?

I wouldn't. Fuller is more talented and that Texans offense is rolling, and his QB is healthy. If Mariota doesn't go on Monday night you are depending on Matt Cassell. Corey Davis will be back with the Titans in a couple of weeks as the number one wideout. Mathews has had one big game this year, Fuller has two in two starts. Sell high on him if you want (I am), but I would rather have Fuller than Mathews. 

@Watt's Up @Jbroadway 

Watts up...thanks for responding, good points but Corey Davis should be the #1 coming back but it's harder for a rookie qb to make an impact than an rookie RB.

what worries me with Watson and Fuller is that some point he (Watson ) will slow down. That affects Fuller. He is the number 2... but the volume and targets are not there.  3-5 catches a game, so if his targets go down wil gives you nothing.

Jbroadway...thanks for responding.  I read several sites and Marriotta is gng to start.  It's against the colts and can be a shootout. He is a number one with a great rapport with Marriotta and they will need to pass the pass bc titans defense sucks. Corey Davis is injured and he will have to prove self when he does come back. Plus this is a Depth move or help me in case of injury season long. I feel long term it's a better trade.

Where did you read that Mariota will start? I'm curious as a Mariota owner who wishes I could rely on him. As for Fuller, he is boom bust -- he will give you some weeks with 20+ pts and some weeks with 3-4. He did that with Osweiler last year before getting hurt too. So yeah, he will have some skinny weeks, but his speed makes him a TD threat every play.

@Watt's Up

I agree that he is a boom Or bust..and thanks for all of the points in helping me decide. Helps me fell better to make or not..the trade. This week fuller is a boom it looks like.  And I have him at starting. I guess since when healthy dez Bryant and Diggs are my starting wr's with parker being being a flex or first backup option (whenever healthy). So fuller or Matthews would just be a backup moving forward and I'm linen whcib arbitration would get more consistent targets each week. To me that seems Matthews despite the bug play 3/4 catches a week for fuller.

the idea that I have read today and yesterday suggest that he is not only practicing but doing way more than what bradford was doing in practice when he was questionable last Monday. Being Monday night I think Sunday or sooner repeats will come out that he is starting. If i had Marotta from what I read I would start him.