[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I made some trades.. Should I regret them?

ImThatDude

Non-PPR for both leagues

One of my trades I feel like I overpaid but I'm desperate for consistency.. The other two I feel pretty alright about. Opinions?

League 1: Lacking RBs bad.

QB: Goff

RB: Aaron Jones, McKinnon, Mack, Lewis

WR: Golden Tate, Michael Thomas, Antonio Brown, Kenny Stills, Hogan, Diggs

TE: Gronk, Doyle

K: Succop

DEF: Kansas (Bye)

QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1DEF, 1 W/R Flex

Trade 1: Giving up Hogan for Ingram

Trade 2: Giving up Diggs, Doyle, and Lewis for Mixon, Smith, and Denver D.

I feel like Hogan for ingram was a good deal.

Also, I feel smith is better off than Goff but I'm not 100% sure.. I got Mixon because I think I'd rather have Mixon, Ingram, and McKinnon as 2 RBs and 1 in flex (possibly over Tate but not sure)

League 2:

QB: Dak, McCown

RB: Kamara, Peterson, Ajayi, Freeman, Allen

WR: Kearse, Hopkins, Richardson, Thielen

TE: Kelce, Ertz

K:Lutz

Def: Buffalo (dropping for Pats)

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1K, 1 DEF

Trade: Losing Ajayi+Allen for Mixon + Doyle

With the RBs I have, and the TE I need this week.. I could afford to lose Ajayi and Allen. I took Mixon just because it was his best RB and I didn't want to let him too far in as he's still in the playoffs race.

How'd I do? Opinions? Suggestions?

League 1 trade 1 I don't mind.

League 1 trade 2 I think you lost, but if mixon starts to play well then it might be fine.

League 2 imo very much a lose. Allen is seeing lots of targets and ajayi can win that backfield if not he might already have it. Bengals are going to Bengals so no. And Doyle is ok but not for allen.

I think Ingram for Hogan is good, lets you roll Mckinnon and Ingram. you had a lot of WR depth

Second trade, I think was bad, Diggs could turn it around, Could of gotten more value from Doyle hes top 5 atm, Lewis, hard to trust a NE RB

Mixon isn't living up to the potential, Denver D is on the down swing, and I think Goff would of been suitable Ros

and i think the third trade, is pretty bad. you didnt need a TE, and mixon still a gamble, Buck allen? his workload should decrease with woodhead, and Ajayi volume could increase.

Thought it was for Kennan Allen, which would of been a fleecing lol

1st trade good

2nd trade awful

3rd trade awful.

Seems like you're all in on Mixon and there's about 15 other RBs i'd rather be all in with. Not sure what you are expecting from him. Also I have a small man crush on Diggs so to see you give him up for so little makes me sad on the inside.

No use dwelling on it however. Next time just take your time and analyze trades. Try to understand better what the circumstances are for each player. I could have told you week 3 Mixon wasn't going to turn it around this year. Doesn't mean he doesn't still have the chance to but it's not a ship I'd want to sink in. Smith is alright but Denver's Defense is slightly insulting to receive in a trade lol.

As a rule of thumb, make sure you're the one that's receiving the best player in any trade. In these cases:

Trade 1: Ingram

Trade 2: Diggs

Trade 3: Ajayi.

So you're only winning on one of those trades there.

53 minutes ago, Ootter said:

League 1 trade 1 I don't mind.

League 1 trade 2 I think you lost, but if mixon starts to play well then it might be fine.

League 2 imo very much a lose. Allen is seeing lots of targets and ajayi can win that backfield if not he might already have it. Bengals are going to Bengals so no. And Doyle is ok but not for allen.

My problem is that nobody I gave up has gotten 10 points or more in a league which I think is a pretty high but understandable threshold. Diggs has went 0,0,0,6,8 in 5 weeks.. Mixon has went 10,10,10,bye,11 or something like that. Dion I felt like was a bit of an overpay but similarly he'll never get used... 

I agree I lose a lot in the 2nd league but I also nabbed Kamara which I failed to mention in the post.. I'm at a must win point in the season so surviving week to week means getting the best budget TE I can get.. which was doyle..

16 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

1st trade good

2nd trade awful

3rd trade awful.

Seems like you're all in on Mixon and there's about 15 other RBs i'd rather be all in with. Not sure what you are expecting from him. Also I have a small man crush on Diggs so to see you give him up for so little makes me sad on the inside.

No use dwelling on it however. Next time just take your time and analyze trades. Try to understand better what the circumstances are for each player. I could have told you week 3 Mixon wasn't going to turn it around this year. Doesn't mean he doesn't still have the chance to but it's not a ship I'd want to sink in. Smith is alright but Denver's Defense is slightly insulting to receive in a trade lol.

As a rule of thumb, make sure you're the one that's receiving the best player in any trade. In these cases:

Trade 1: Ingram

Trade 2: Diggs

Trade 3: Ajayi.

So you're only winning on one of those trades there.

I think my biggest disagreement is the absolute pounding Diggs has given me every time he's been started since week 3. I'd rather get out while I could and get somebody I know can at LEAST get me 6 points/week and that was Mixon. The defense will end up being dropped and the only reason he's there is to make it an even trade, no reason in me having open spots is there (started fantasy last year and won 2/3 superbowls so it kind of got me hooked so there's still things I could be missing)

Hey Man don't let anyone tell you how to run your team. But Diggs has been hurt so it's a bit disingenuous to say he's put up lackluster totals as you wouldn't have been starting him. The problem with the trade is i'm not convinced Smith, Mixon or Denver's Defense provided you absolutely any value the waiver couldn't have. You may be changing your tune as we come down the stretch here with Diggs fresh off the bye.

But it's all past you now, so might as well let it go.

Edited by Inziladun

5 minutes ago, Inziladun said:

Hey Man don't let anyone tell you how to run your team. But Diggs has been hurt so it's a bit disingenuous to say he's put up lackluster totals as you wouldn't have been starting him. The problem with the trade is i'm not convinced Smith, Mixon or Denver's Defense provided you absolutely any value the waiver couldn't have. You may be changing your tune as we come down the stretch here with Diggs fresh off the bye.

But it's all past you now, so might as well let it go.

Denver's defense went to the waiver wire and I snagging it to cover a bye as its best available currently but yeah I'll see how Diggs does.. dunno! 

1 hour ago, ImThatDude said:

My problem is that nobody I gave up has gotten 10 points or more in a league which I think is a pretty high but understandable threshold. Diggs has went 0,0,0,6,8 in 5 weeks.. Mixon has went 10,10,10,bye,11 or something like that. Dion I felt like was a bit of an overpay but similarly he'll never get used... 

I agree I lose a lot in the 2nd league but I also nabbed Kamara which I failed to mention in the post.. I'm at a must win point in the season so surviving week to week means getting the best budget TE I can get.. which was doyle..

My bad I was thinking Keenan Allen and I didn't see Kamara That trade wasn't bad then. I personally would have continued with Diggs. Qb issues and him being hurt stunted his production. I wouldn't have been playing him the past couple weeks but he should turn it around.