[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Proposed Rule Change

JP2006

What does everyone think of putting a cap on credits, or putting a rule in place that requires a team to spend a certain percentage of credits? 

This would prevent several years of tanking, and accruing a boat load of credits that could be used to buy the league. 

• Like 1

I'm not in favor of capping credits.

Just because an owner has a different long term game plan, they should not be penalized. 

If an owner chooses to not spend their credits that is their prerogative. They are most likely sacrificing a few years of meaderocicty  because of this strategy. 

Football & baseball teams deploy this strategy all the time.  This would be like penalizing the Royals because they don't spend like the Yankees 

I go back and forth on this one personally.

Some days I think that there may be a concern there that we are not fully comprehending until it is too late.  I not only think about the team that does this, but the team or teams that may get picked over in the process and not have enough credits to really fill those gaps well.

Other times I think that this strategy has its risks as well, as you may buy a few solid RFAS - like Todd Gurley and Le-Veon Bell in their prime - and watch them tank the following season.  Nothing is fool proof to fantasy football.

Thanks for bringing this up JP - good things to ponder and discuss.  Now is the time to implement any rule change.  Keep the discussion going!

Yeah, I get both sides of it. Ultimately, if a team owner is paying the league costs, I guess it is their team to manage however they see fit. 

If only the government would allow us to live our lives like this...

I know my first year of joining the league, I didn't pay nearly enough attention to it so I'll retract any rule change proposals of the such.

We will just see how it all plays out. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1