[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Implications

fuz

Well - here we are with 1 regular season week left and only a few post-season definitives at this point. 

Bofa has locked up the #1 seed and is fairly secure in his points champion standing.

CARBoys has locked up the #1 draft pick.  Additionally, Gameday, Bartell, Donkey, and Tyreke will not make the playoffs - sorry guys.

Beyond that, it looks like the remaining 6 teams are fighting to make the 5 remaining playoffs slots.  Seeding is difficult to predict at this point as 5 of the 6 week 14 games impact the playoffs and seeding.  The West division champ is defined (Bofa), but the other two are potentially up for grabs.  In the Central Division, the Feelers/SAL game has a huge implication, as the loser could potentially miss the playoffs depending on the results of the other 4 games and the winner could end up winning the division if Siel loses.

Good luck to all this week and into the playoffs!

1. Bofa (11-3, division winner)

2. Siel (8-6, division winner; 2-0 H2H VS SAL, 1-0 H2H vs SM)

3. Stanley Morgan (8-6, division winner; 0-1 vs Siel)

4. SAL (8-6, 0-2 H2H vs Siel) 

5. Icarus (7-6-1, 1-0 H2H vs NR)

6. NR (7-6-1, 0-1 H2H vs Icarus)

First one out: Feelers (7-7) 

Man my team fizzled as the year went on. Maybe the bigger problem is I'm a terrible coach. As a GM, I'm pleased that I built good depth. But the coach in me dropped the ball. This past week all of my bench QB, RB, WR, and TE who played outscored their starter counterparts, except Waddle, who came to play. Also, as this is a very QB heavy league, to have Lamar trend downhill all year and then take a few weeks off was devastating.

Well...another year where I couldn't finish above Stanley Morgan. On to next year!

Good luck to all and thanks for a good year.

• 3 weeks later...

Well - talk about playoff implications.  MFL and other websites are now treating week 17 as being complete with the full cancellation of the BUF/CIN game.  The stats from the week are now final.  It is not the way anyone wants a championship game to go, but here we are nonetheless. 

Sam has the win and Josh taking 2nd place 75-64.

I thought I would open up to any conversation and thoughts on the matter from other owners on this strange circumstance.  Let me know if you have any different thoughts.

On 1/7/2023 at 2:27 PM, fuz said:

Well - talk about playoff implications.  MFL and other websites are now treating week 17 as being complete with the full cancellation of the BUF/CIN game.  The stats from the week are now final.  It is not the way anyone wants a championship game to go, but here we are nonetheless. 

Sam has the win and Josh taking 2nd place 75-64.

I thought I would open up to any conversation and thoughts on the matter from other owners on this strange circumstance.  Let me know if you have any different thoughts.

Strange circumstance? I won fair and square right? 

On a serious note, I hesitate to make any comment b/c I ultimately came out on top. However, since it was the last week and only one nfl game impacted, I doubt all 12 owners know this scenario exists.

so here is what is known:

- Joe Mixon was the one player left that would allow for Josh to win. He needed 12 points for a guaranteed victory. 

- After week 9, Joe Mixon had not scored a TD nor had he scored more than 10 points.

- at the time of game stoppage, Joe Mixon was 2 carries 12 yards and no targets Or receptions. The game halted on the Bengals 2nd drive and were having much success passing the ball; the game ended on another successful passing play that would have otherwise been a first down.

Josh was very well within striking distance at the start of MNF with a legit chance of winning. I’d like to think both Josh & I were prolly 50%ish on thinking we would win at that point. 

im aware Josh was indeed projected to win 77-75 prior to kickoff. Then again both sides came well short of the original projection so projections don’t mean much. For Mixon to be projected to have 13 points considering his recent performances up to that point is generous IMO. Considering the fact that Joe Mixon had not put up more than 10 points since week 9 and was going up against an above average defense, definitely not a certainty Mixon would have hit that mark.  

That’s my 2 cents. If pay outs go out per rules, Josh can have a drink on me next time I see him.

Edited by Sallen

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it is ultimately sad that we did not get to see the Bills/Bengals reg season game play out like we had all hoped, but at this point, since the league voted the game as final, I would suggest that we move on and award our league champion, runner up, and reg season points champ like most leagues have done.

This means:

Sam is our league champion.

Josh is our runner up.

Wade is our regular season points champ.

Congrats gentlemen!

• Like 2