[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL and spreadsheet rosters updated - and other contract issues

fuz

All - I've updated MFL to reflect current rosters on the contract spreadsheet.  Please double check them as well as your contract spreadsheet for any errors.  Keep in mind, some players may not be on MFL - whether on a practice squad or simply a free agent.

There are a couple of team owners that have yet to submit contracts (major infraction) - please get those in ASAP.  I can't upload a roster on MFL until you have done so.

We also have one minor infraction - Stanley Morgan indicated a player that had new contract years that had the same existing contract years as well as a player that had existing contract years that were indicated as new contract years.  Either way, they do not result in an infraction (going over 40 years, or number of players, different numbers at the bottom of our roster submission, etc.), so I am not sure if this should just be chalked up to a minor mistake or should be flagged for incompleteness and penalized as incomplete at this time and needing correction.  Please weigh in with your thoughts on this matter.

Tim, as far as Stanley Morgan contract goes, that is partly my fault as I looked over his New Contract years before he submitted them to make sure they were up to par and did not catch that.

But as far as an infraction and my unbias opinion, I think it should just be chaulked up as a minor mistake and no penalty.  Espeically since the two things erase one another.  If they didnt cancel eachother out as far as contact years its a different story.

I think both Stanley Morgan and Donkey Power should be penalized for collusion. Just kidding, although it is a bit suspicious. 

Luckily, since the contract years of the two players offset each other, I'd agree with Fiese and say no penalty is necessary. 

Just my thoughts.

He did not attempt to change the contract years of the player (Keenan Allen - 2 contract years) from the contract years previously assigned.  He simply bolded the text and put () around the contract years. I view it as a minor slip-up (No penalty)

He's entitled to assign retained RFA players (Deebo Samuel) as many years as allowed per the rules, so nothing to penalize.  Again, simply another minor slip-up where the text was not bolded and he didn't add (). (No penalty).

Not enforcing penalties sets a bad president.

Tim and I have had back-up owners that have shown an interest.  We'll inquire about their interest to take over the team.

I'd consider "Freezing" the 5 credit penalty per day until we have a commitment from a new owner.  

7 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Not enforcing penalties sets a bad president.

Tim and I have had back-up owners that have shown an interest.  We'll inquire about their interest to take over the team.

I'd consider "Freezing" the 5 credit penalty per day until we have a commitment from a new owner.  

If you are talking about CARBoys, I’d consider no penalty if there is an owner transition.  Otherwise, the previous owner can intentionally kill the league if they wanted to.  Who would want to join a team with negative credits?  You already have little options to tweak your team for this year.

It's sad to see Allan leave! it's been fun to compete/play with him over the years.  Thanks for the fun years Allan!

With Allan's departure, I'm pleased to introduce the  newest team owner that will be taking over Allan's team. 

Please join me in welcoming Jeff Cassel. If anyone is interested in negotiating trades w/ Jeff his contact info is jeff.cassel2134@gmail.com

Tim & I will help Jeff ramp up navigating the multiple sites as fast as we can.

Hope everyone has a fun season!

Edited by Gizmo

By my count you have 19 players (Good; 20 Max allowed) & 36 contract years (Good; 40 Max allowed)

FYI...when you roster less than 20 players you have to leave 1 contract year available for every open roster position (which you have).

The idea is you can't slim down your roster to 15 players w/ 40 contract years. (We can talk to you about that philosophy)