[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Proposed end of season Rule Changes

Gizmo

1) Propose to change rule:5.7

5.7: Practice Squad: Each team will have 2 additional roster spots designated for the PS. They can only be used for rookies selected in the 3rd through 4th rounds. Players can only remain on the PS for a year and then must either be signed to a contract or cut by the contract deadline the following year. A player can be removed from the PS during the season if another player on your active roster is placed on IR and you have an available contract year. Once removed, the player can only be signed to a 1 year contract and then will become an RFA the following year.

....A player can be signed from the practice squad during the season if another player on your active roster is placed on IR or an owner elects to cut a player from the team. and the team has available contract years in accordance to rule 8.1. Once a practice squad player is signed from the practice squad to the active roster the player must be assigned contract years not to exceeded rule8.1. Rule 5.1.3 shall be applicable.

Applicable rule for reference:

• 5.1.3: A team may, at no time during the season, exceed the roster player or contract year cap limits except to resolve newly acquired players.  Owners have 24 hours to resolve newly acquired players.  After 24 hours, the team will be fined 5 credits and an additional 5 credits per day until the player cap or contract year caps have been resolved.
  • (8.1: Each franchise has a contract cap of 40 years, which cannot be exceeded for any reason.)

Goal:

allow owners to assign longer contacts (years) to players being signed from their practice squad.

Edited by Gizmo

• Gizmo pinned this topic

1) Propose to change rule:5.7

5.7: Practice Squad: Each team will have 2 additional roster spots designated for the PS. They can only be used for rookies selected in the 3rd through 4th rounds. Players can only remain on the PS for a year and then must either be signed to a contract or cut by the contract deadline the following year. A player can be removed from the PS during the season if another player on your active roster is placed on IR and you have an available contract year. Once removed, the player can only be signed to a 1 year contract and then will become an RFA the following year.

5.7: Practice Squad: Each team will have 4 additional roster spots designated for the practice squad.

Goal:

allow owners additional practice squad roster spots.  May add more value to trading of a teams 3rd & 4th round rookies draft picks if an owner is allowed more practice squad roster spots.

If I'm reading this correctly, we can promote from the PS if we have a player go on the IR or if we cut a player. But what about if we already have an open roster spot. I think the only important part is if there is an open roster spot (for whatever reason). We might leave one open on our initial season opening roster, we might do a 2 for 1 trade, etc. If we have the open spot (or make an opening ) and have the contract years available, then we can promote from the PS.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:15 AM, Icarus said:

If I'm reading this correctly, we can promote from the PS if we have a player go on the IR or if we cut a player. But what about if we already have an open roster spot. 

I'm reading the same potential issue with how this is written.  I'm not sure an "if" is required other than having an open roster spot for activation.  We should remove verbiage already covered by other rules to avoid entangling things that don't need to be entangled.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:15 AM, Icarus said:

If I'm reading this correctly, we can promote from the PS if we have a player go on the IR or if we cut a player. But what about if we already have an open roster spot. I think the only important part is if there is an open roster spot (for whatever reason). We might leave one open on our initial season opening roster, we might do a 2 for 1 trade, etc. If we have the open spot (or make an opening ) and have the contract years available, then we can promote from the PS.

I agree w/ your assessment. it should probably be re-worded to an open roster spot. 

Edited by Gizmo