[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mathias Kiwanuka Evaluation

Guest Sores

Mathias Kiwanuka, defensive end, Boston College

Eric Baranczyk, Packer Insider's analyst and a former college player and coach, reports on Mathias Kiwanuka, a 6-foot-7, 261-pound defensive end from Boston College:

"The Packers have a defensive end who can only play the pass. They have another guy who plays the run. This guy plays both. He has great size. I thought he had great hands. He had an explosive first step. A lot of defensive ends at that level have only one move. Maybe he was playing against a guy who was sub-par in the MPC Computers Bowl, but he was able to come underneath a couple times, go over the top and rush around the corner. Someone with his size, that's pretty special. He's lean. He had good range. By that, I mean he was able to go find the ball. But I thought his hands were by far and away his best attribute. He was able to keep guys off him. Quick hands. His arms were a mile long, it appeared. I thought he'd be one of those guys who was weak against the run, but he looked very good. He was chasing stuff down. They tried to run outside of him and had a difficult time. They got away with a couple against him, but not a lot."

Not a great review...I mean...the review itself is fine, but not up to the standards of Corrick and Lombardi doing the other reviews.

This guy will be a good pro. He would be a huge reach at 5 I think.

BTW...do any of these DL have a normal old "Joe Smith" kinda name??

Edited by Sores

Here is another evaluation of Kiwanuka......This was taken from....

Here

Strengths:

Excellent natural pass rusher who knows how to get upfield...Tremendous physical specimen...Is an outstanding athlete with good speed and quickness who moves well...Has a good frame with long arms and can easily add more weight...Very productive throughout his career and a player opponents must constantly be aware of...Smart and displays top intangibles...Still has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:

Doesn't always play with good leverage due to his height...Will get pushed around due to his lack of strength and bulk...Has trouble shedding blocks...Still sub par as a run defender...Needs to develop additional pass rush techniques...Doesn't always play up to his talent and abilities...There is a chance he might have to move to outside linebacker at the next level...Might have a high "bust" factor.

I thought you were just digging on reviews for guys with weird names actually.  I had no idea you were looking at them by position.

1328337[/snapback]

They are doing them 1 per day....and I am throwing them on the wall in here as they post...