[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

players union just walked out

wiegie

Sox,

This from the article you're quoting;

"Under our previous cap agreement, we got just less than 60 percent of all of the revenues. The NFL now wants us to cut that percentage to less than 57 percent. Given the enormous revenue growth the NFL is experiencing, I am not about to give back gains which we have made in the past. It is clear to me that we will do much better under our current CBA in 2006 and particularly in 2007, the uncapped year," Upshaw said.
What Upshaw is saying, is that their current CBA agreement of 64% of the DGR (Designated Gross Revenue) which the NFLPA calculates at just under 60% GR (Gross Revenue) is better than whatever % of the GR (Gross Revenue) the owners just presented to the NFLPA.

It's a matter for the bean counters. I'm sure the owners bean counters say they're right & I'm equally sure the NFLPA's bean counters say they're right.

Who knows? :D

One thing for certain that your article points out is that it's a real confustication. Even the owners themselves don't know what the true Gross Revenue really is because they still haven't decided on how to split it;

"because the teams themselves are having their own dispute over that money because of the disparity in outside income made by low-revenue teams like Buffalo and Indianapolis and high-revenue teams like Dallas, Washington, New England and Philadelphia. Union leaders had suggested that it would be hard to reach agreement on a labor contract until the owners settled their own differences.'