[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steeler's brother pays for choosing Super Bowl ove

Zeke 1982

This loser makes Menudo look like a Browns fan...no offense Menudo

Steeler's brother pays for choosing Super Bowl over jail

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

AP

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. -- Tank Carter had a choice: report to jail on time for a six-month sentence or maybe see his brother play in the Super Bowl and risk years in prison away from his children.

Carter chose the latter and is now paying the price -- with no regrets.

Carter, the brother of Steelers safety Tyrone Carter, was sentenced to five years in prison yesterday for driving with a revoked license. He was eligible for the harsh sentence because he is a habitual offender with prior convictions for drug possession and driving on a suspended or revoked license.

"Even knowing what I know now, I would do it again," Mr. Carter said. "It was the greatest game in my life."

Mr. Carter had been scheduled to report to jail on Jan. 6, but his brother was confident the Steelers were headed to the Feb. 5 Super Bowl in Detroit so Carter decided to delay his incarceration. Tyrone Carter was right, as the Steelers won three playoff games. Tank Carter watched the Super Bowl from the 50-yard line and, after the Steelers' victory, partied with rapper Snoop Dog.

He reported to jail Feb. 13 and was taken yesterday before Circuit Judge Stanton S. Kaplan, who had already cut Mr. Carter a break in December, delaying his reporting date so he could spend Christmas with his three kids. Judge Kaplan slammed him this time.

Tyrone Carter says he understands his brother's decision. They have been close since growing up in a rough section of Pompano Beach.

"I would have done the same thing," Tyrone Carter said. Winning the Super Bowl meant "we finally made it together."

Edited by Zeke 1982

sorry...posted the article

1383444[/snapback]

Steeler's brother pays for choosing Super Bowl over jail

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

AP

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. -- Tank Carter had a choice: report to jail on time for a six-month sentence or maybe see his brother play in the Super Bowl and risk years in prison away from his children.

Carter chose the latter and is now paying the price -- with no regrets.

Carter, the brother of Steelers safety Tyrone Carter, was sentenced to five years in prison yesterday for driving with a revoked license. He was eligible for the harsh sentence because he is a habitual offender with prior convictions for drug possession and driving on a suspended or revoked license.

"Even knowing what I know now, I would do it again," Mr. Carter said. "It was the greatest game in my life."

Mr. Carter had been scheduled to report to jail on Jan. 6, but his brother was confident the Steelers were headed to the Feb. 5 Super Bowl in Detroit so Carter decided to delay his incarceration. Tyrone Carter was right, as the Steelers won three playoff games. Tank Carter watched the Super Bowl from the 50-yard line and, after the Steelers' victory, partied with rapper Snoop Dog.

He reported to jail Feb. 13 and was taken yesterday before Circuit Judge Stanton S. Kaplan, who had already cut Mr. Carter a break in December, delaying his reporting date so he could spend Christmas with his three kids. Judge Kaplan slammed him this time.

Tyrone Carter says he understands his brother's decision. They have been close since growing up in a rough section of Pompano Beach.

"I would have done the same thing," Tyrone Carter said. Winning the Super Bowl meant "we finally made it together."

1383433[/snapback]

Now we know he's lying, that game SUCKED. I would be so pissed if I added time to my sentence because of that P.O.S game.