[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your draft wishlist

rajncajn

for the broncos, my #1 wish is that michael huff somehow slides to 15 and they take him. i know there's maybe a 1 in 100 chance that happens, so i'm not really holding my breath.

if they go skill position offense like everyone seems to assume, then i personally hope they go with santonio holmes or deangelo williams. those are the two biggest playmakers i see in this draft after bush and davis. chad jackson i'm just not completely sold on...he's got the measurables, but i'd prefer the guy i've seen make bigger plays, even if he's an inch or two shorter. williams is badass, but maroney or lendale white would be intriguing as well.

with the rest of their first round picks, i'd like to see some combination of a TE (fasano, klopfenstein, byrd, lewis), a DE (tamba, kiwanuka, tapp), an interior o-lineman (eslinger, or whoever they think fits their system), and maybe a DT, DS, or WR/RB depending what they do in the first round.

No, Hawk is definately #1 on my list, but I don't think they will take a LB at 1.2. I also think they need a LT more. I think that Hawk will be a better overall player & make more of a long-term impact, but he probably shouldn't be a #2 overall pick.

1430792[/snapback]

huh. doesn't really make sense to me. because most "mock draft experts" have hawk going in the 4-5 range, and brick going in the 2-5 range, the saints shouldn't take hawk at 2? if they can move down a couple picks and still get their guy, by all means they should. if not, they should just take the guy who they've graded out the highest. if they think, as you do, that hawk will be a better player and make more of a long term impact, then he should be the pick.

huh.  doesn't really make sense to me.  because most "mock draft experts" have hawk going in the 4-5 range, and brick going in the 2-5 range, the saints shouldn't take hawk at 2?  if they can move down a couple picks and still get their guy, by all means they should.  if not, they should just take the guy who they've graded out the highest.  if they think, as you do, that hawk will be a better player and make more of a long term impact, then he should be the pick.

1430813[/snapback]

Oh I agree, but I don't think they grade him as high as Ferguson. My personal preference is that they move down & take Hawk, but I think in all likelihood that they will stay & take Ferguson. I'd rather them take Hawk, but I would definately be happy either way. I think you may have misunderstood me when I said I hoped they took Ferguson. I'd like them to take either one of them with that pick, my preference being Hawk. What I hope doesn't happen is they either spend it on somebody that could be had later (Ngata,Huff,Davis) , somebody they don't really need(Mario,Leinart), or trade so far down that they miss out on either.