[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, at what point do the Lions Players......

PantherDave

He will have to earn the right to be a hard-ass at this level, and frankly, signing on the dotted line as the Lions new HC just does not carry alot of weight, heck, most the veterans most lilkely feel they know the game better than he does at this point-only time will tell, but ya know my impression- ya better back off a little to start the show.

1454774[/snapback]

I'm going to disagree here.

There are many ways to manage people. This guys way is that he's going to run a "My way or the Highway" organization. The Lions players may think they know better, but the only thing they have proven they know how to do is suck.

Marinelli is being put to 'the test' by his players. Whether or not he passes the test will tell a lot for the future of the lions. IMHO, if a player bucks him, that player should be benched and have his value to other teams suffer for it. I don't care who the player is or how good the player is.

So long as Marinelli doesn't step over the line and treats his players fairly and equally, there is nothing wrong with him demanding a high level of effort. He did step over the line here, and does need to comply with the CBA. With how bad that team has been, though, the players are idiots to have filed a grievance. He should push his players doubly hard now in non-contact drills.

I'm going to disagree here.

There are many ways to manage people.  This guys way is that he's going to run a "My way or the Highway" organization.  The Lions players may think they know better, but the only thing they have proven they know how to do is suck.

Marinelli is being put to 'the test' by his players.  Whether or not he passes the test will tell a lot for the future of the lions.  IMHO, if a player bucks him, that player should be benched and have his value to other teams suffer for it.  I don't care who the player is or how good the player is.

So long as Marinelli doesn't step over the line and treats his players fairly and equally, there is nothing wrong with him demanding a high level of effort.  He did step over the line here, and does need to comply with the CBA. With how bad that team has been, though, the players are idiots to have filed a grievance.  He should push his players doubly hard now in non-contact drills.

1454817[/snapback]

Opinion noted and respected, but I'm sticking to my guns,but hey, it's what makes an open forum a "forum" in the firstplace-good thoughts Nick :D -I just disagree.

Opinion noted and respected, but I'm sticking to my guns,but hey, it's what makes an open forum a "forum" in the firstplace-good thoughts Nick :D -I just disagree.

1454823[/snapback]

FWIW, I was on the same page as you are here when the whole Coughlin mess with the Giants came out.

As of now, I haven't heard of the same type of petty crap from Marinelli It sounds like he's been pretty even and fair, and keeps his wits and temper about him. If he goes off the deep end I will rethink my stance :D