[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints homers

Randall

Tough to say right now. My bet is Bullocks with the rookie Harper at the other safety spot.

With Smith, they have dangled him a bit in trade talks, but no takers yet. I see him either traded or moved back to CB - but not at safety.

Bullocks will start at safety.  The only issue is FS vs. SS.  The other safety IMHO is Harper.

Bullocks = FS

Harper = SS

Smith is cut or traded.

1489682[/snapback]

Bullocks = SS

Harper = FS

The way I see it. And moving Smith to CB he wont be cut. But will be traded. I cant see the cutting though.

Bullocks = SS

Harper = FS

The way I see it.  And moving Smith to CB he wont be cut.  But will be traded.  I cant see the cutting though.

1489783[/snapback]

Why move him to CB if he WILL be traded?

It's crazy with question marks for the Saints D this year if you ask me. They went out and traded for Bryan Scott, Signed Omar Stoutmire, tried to sign that saftey from the Cowboys but they matched, drafted Harper. Jay Bellamy, although getting old is still hanging around and can be productive.

With all that movement I would not say that Bullocks is a sure thing to start either.

Bullocks = SS

Harper = FS

The way I see it.  And moving Smith to CB he wont be cut.  But will be traded.  I cant see the cutting though.

1489783[/snapback]

Harper's coverage skills aren't as good as Bullocks and he is a rookie.

Harper's coverage skills aren't as good as Bullocks and he is a rookie.

1489916[/snapback]

:D

The simple question is ... Bullocks started FS last year ... do you really want both starting safeties learning new positions?

:D

The simple question is ... Bullocks started FS last year ... do you really want both starting safeties learning new positions?

1489926[/snapback]

I wouldn't think so, but training camp may answer some of those questions.

Maybe NO should have drfated Dan Bullocks too. 2 twin brothers playing safety may have been interesting.

Edited by Randall

Maybe NO should have drfated Dan Bullocks too. 2 twin brothers playing safety may have been interesting.

1490094[/snapback]

So we should have traded up to get Bullocks ? :D Detroit took him at 2.08, three picks ahead of the Saints at 2.11 ...

So we should have traded up to get Bullocks ? :D  Detroit took him at 2.08, three picks ahead of the Saints at 2.11 ...

1490603[/snapback]

Or not trade down.

Browns Get

2nd round, No. 34: D'Qwell Jackson, LB, Maryland

Saints get

2nd round, No. 43: Roman Harper, FS, Alabama

Jeff Faine, C

Edited by Randall

I believe they would have taken Bullocks if he fell to them, but the Saints made a great trade to get a good starting center if Faine can stay healthy. I don't really think Bullocks is that much of an upgrade on Harper.

And yeah, I wanted Jackson with their 2nd rounder as well.