[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Down grade Portis this year?.....

samurai30

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20060816...3315r_page2.htm

"With [betts and Cartwright] and the way things are set up, we can definitely have success with them," running backs coach Earnest Byner said. "Ladell looks at himself as a first-rate running back that can start in this league, and Rock is hungry for an opportunity."

But when Portis does return, it's unlikely he will stay 100 percent for long. And Byner said discussions already are under way to create ways to limit Portis' punishment.

"That's one of the aspects we have to consider," Byner said. "We have to look at the other guys stepping in even more so and possibly taking some of the pounding off him."

If carries are taken away...that will definitely hurt Portis's #s.....dammit....I have portis in a keeper league this year.......not the best way to start off..........damn u Brunell...

I don't think I would worry about it at this point. Portis is set to have a hugh year and put up hugh numbers. His shoulder injury is something to pay attention to, but don't get too worked up about it. He should be fine and put up great numbers for you.

I am hoping an owner in a league I am in is thinking the same way as you. I sent him a trade offer of Mike Bell and LenDale White for Portis. I highly doubt he will take it, but if he is scared by Portis' injury then I may be in luck. Not counting on it though...

I don't think I would worry about it at this point. Portis is set to have a hugh year and put up hugh numbers. His shoulder injury is something to pay attention to, but don't get too worked up about it. He should be fine and put up great numbers for you.

I am hoping an owner in a league I am in is thinking the same way as you. I sent him a trade offer of Mike Bell and LenDale White for Portis. I highly doubt he will take it, but if he is scared by Portis' injury then I may be in luck. Not counting on it though...

Thats highway robbery if he accepts that deal...injured portis or not.. :D

That deal will never go down, no way. He'd have to be a complete idiot. A dinged Portis is better than a Mike Bell and LenDale put together.

Edited by Flip_Side

That deal will never go down, no way. He'd have to be a complete idiot. A dinged Portis is better than a Mike Bell and LenDale put together.

I am with you on this one. No way in hell should a trade like that go through...