[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young to start tomorrow?

Sugar Magnolia

The question that came to my mind was how will this effect Bennet and is White soon going to get the nod and be the starter in Tenn. in the next couple of weeks???

Well, it cant be good for any Tennessee offensive starter thats for sure. Defenses will stack the line and throw every coneivable blitz at the Titans until the game is out of hand in the 2nd half. This will be a gruesome situation for titans fans unfortunately.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../610010356/1002

Sunday, 10/01/06

Vince Young gets the start today

Rookie QB: 'We just have to go ... and play ball'

By JIM WYATT

Staff Writer

The Vince Young era officially begins today.

The Titans, who have struggled to an 0-3 start, will give their quarterback of the future his first NFL start against the Dallas Cowboys at LP Field.

"I feel real comfortable," Young said. "I feel like I had a good week of practice. … Now we just have to go out there and execute as an offense. Overall, we just have to go out there and play ball.''

Young replaces veteran Kerry Collins, who joined the Titans late in the preseason and has thrown six interceptions and just one touchdown.

Young played in games against the Jets and Chargers but did not see action last week in a 13-10 loss to the Dolphins as Collins showed some improvement.

The former University of Texas star and third overall pick of this year's NFL Draft is 10-of-23 passing for 133 yards, a touchdown and an interception. He also has five rushes for 24 yards.

I know none of us have Vince Young

Well, I've got him in a keeper?

How do Young's keeper owners feel about this? I was happy to see him sit and learn for the year, maybe get a series here and there as Fisher had been doing. I sense from the posts people now worry about his long term potential and I do partly share that.

Spain, do you see Chow installing shotgun packages for Young? Or have they already? He seems to be real comfortable with more space. Not a good drop back guy.

Nothing would really surprise me now...

Well, I've got him in a keeper?

How do Young's keeper owners feel about this? I was happy to see him sit and learn for the year, maybe get a series here and there as Fisher had been doing. I sense from the posts people now worry about his long term potential and I do partly share that.

It depends on the type of keeper league. If it's a straight first-three-rounds keeper, I highly doubt Young would be worth keeping as he wouldn't be a top three rounds pick. If it's a league where the sacrificed draft pick for each keeper is based on the previous year's draft, Young might be worth keeping. As I mentioned earlier, he'd be a 10th rounder for me next year.

Sit back and watch VY shred apart the Dal backfield. 300 yrd 2TDs 1 rushing TD as the Titans defeat the Cowpokes 31-21 :lol:

ps: Cameras will hone in on TO crying. Guaranteed.

:D

Next question! :D

Edited by spain

Sit back and watch VY shred apart the Dal backfield. 300 yrd 2TDs 1 rushing TD as the Titans defeat the Cowpokes 31-21 :D

I'm thinking the same thing

You guys do know that VY isn't playing college ball any more, right? :D