[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on these available Linebackers

I am trading away somewhere between 1 and 3 of my LBs this week. I need to pick up some immediate help and some medium term shots (not long term). Here's who is available. Please bear in mind, I am willing to pick up very good players even if they have to ride through a bye this week.

Shelton Quarles (TB) - how is this guy available? 14 tackles in 2 games

Michael Boley (Atl) - Is this guy a stud in the making? 24 tackles in 3 games.

Demorio Williams (Atl) - 127 tackles last year. 30 tackles in 4 games. Why is he still in Hartwell's shadow?

LeRoy Hill (Sea) - Playing along Lofa & Julian Peterson. Is he just benefitting from an ailing Seattle offense?

Channing Crowder (Mia) - He's had a slow start, strong last 2 games. Does he rate in the top 30 rest of season?

Chris Draft (Car) - Never been much cept once. How does he rate against the above list?

Is Quarles a gem waiting out on waivers? Is Boley LB surprise this year? Thanks guys.

Edited by scuba chuck

If I understood right, Boley was the starter at WLB anyway with a healthy Hartwell. Demorrio was the next to come in. why would you trade your crew...and who would you get for them???

I am trading Trotter, along with 2 RBs for Larry Johnson. I am also potentially trading Donnie Edwards and Barnett for another offensive player (maybe Tatum Bell).

So you like Boley then?

I am trading Trotter, along with 2 RBs for Larry Johnson. I am also potentially trading Donnie Edwards and Barnett for another offensive player (maybe Tatum Bell).

So you like Boley then?

Boley will not be a regular on the tackles. He will be more of a big play guy. He will have some big numbers some weeks, but will hover at 3-6 tackles most weeks. I predict he will do slightly better than he did last year ... but will not be a reliable fantasy starter in the tackle heavy leagues common around the Huddle.

Of this list, Id rank them like this.

Shelton Quarles (TB) - MLB

LeRoy Hill (Sea) - WLB

Demorio Williams (Atl) - WLB

Michael Boley (Atl) - SLB

Channing Crowder (Mia) - WLB

Chris Draft (Car) - could be on the bench at any given time to Seward

I dont see hartwell coming back, and if he does, he will be hurt again before you know it.