[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saint's notes from OTA's

rajncajn

A few notes from Saints OTA's. Stonewall is a poster at SaintsReport.com and is actually one of the local sports media guys.

Devery had a good day and raised a few eyebrows. The key will be if he can do it again and again. Usually when Devery has a good day he comes back the next day and drops a lot of passes. I'm hoping Devery has finally "gotten it " and " brings it " EVERY day. I know this he beter.

Harper was also very good and ran without a brace . Let's see if there is any swelling and if he comes back with another solid day. My guess is he will

Drew was in mid season form and the word is that the team is light years ahead right now to where they were last year at this time

Will Smith ? still not sure about how true the stories are about him wanting a new deal right now. Something to keep an eye on and continue to look into

Meachum was 19 pounds overweight I'll let ya'll know when I find out where he is now but the word is that he was much better today than two weeks ago

Deuce seems to be ready to roll and I get the impression that the knee is not an issue to him. As good as Deuce is as a football player is how good he is as a man. I could talk with him on the show every day if that was possible but it's not. I have no doubt that Deuce at this time is considered the Greatest Saint of all time. Yes greater than Archie, Rickey Jackson , and even Aaron Brooks. Just kidding

Devery's approach needs to get better. Yes he tries and wants to be a "Payton Player " but he isn't right now. We'll see and know soon if he has learned what is expected of him every day.

By the way when I said that Meachum was better today I meant when it comes to conditioning. He still is not in shape but he was better. Curtis Johnson rode him pretty hard once again at practice and told him "Tennessee didn't teach him anything "

What it all means is that he has a LONG way to go both with execution and conditioning

....Palko threw the ball pretty good and based soley on what happened today he just might put up a good battle with Fife.

(Jamie) Martin is indeed a good fit for Payton's offense. I know a lot of fans had a problem with how he played in that final game against Carolina but folks seem to forget that he was playing with mostly backups while the Panthers kept their starters in the enrire time. Martin's biggest problem that day was not getting the ball out fast enough but if he would have had to play again the next week I firmly beleive he would have learned from the tapes as to what other options he had on some plays. Martin will remain the backup. the battle will be for #3. And as far as you "stealing " my thunder. Don't let it happen again. Once again just kidding probably cause I am exhausted and like i though I am fading fast. Long travel day and I am going to get some rest.

I'll see ya'll tommorrow........Later........Who Dat !