[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fast Willie Parker

fitzkek

I'm in a PPR league with 1 point per 10 yds rushing/receiving and 6 pts per TD. I thought FWP would be gold last season and I traded a bunch to get him. Well, that didn't work. It's a 4 man keeper league and I already have Lynch and Bush. Lynch is solid, and while Bush isn't that every down back people look for, he is nice to have in PPR's. I have to deal someone for a pick or package. I'm leaning towards parting ways with FWP, but I'm also reluctant to quit on him too early. Any thoughts on this?

I like Willie Parker. He would have had a good 2007 if he had found the endzone a bit more. He's coming off an injury, but I don't believe it is serious, I doubt he will be held to only 2 touchdowns this year. Hang on to him if you can, I think he will have a better year in 2008 than bush or lynch, even with the point per reception you league scores.

Are you likely to get more value for Bush because people are overly high on him (esp with Deuce coming back), allowing you to keep FWPark who will deliver solid performance?

I certainly could get more for Bush. I'm actually exploring that avenue also. I have to pick 4 keepers from: Bush, Lynch, Parker, Edwards, R.Williams, and Jennings. I'm trying to package one of the RB's w/a WR like Williams/Jennings in order to land a higher tiered WR ala Fitzgerald.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chappy
Are we sure he's going to be good to go at the start of the season?

I wouldn't be too confident in Deuce being ready. Stecker was resigned and will more than likely fill the spot Deuce had. I'm not really sure that Deuce will still be a Saint when the season rolls around. I can see them drafting another RB and letting the Deuce run loose to FA.

I think it's time to sell FWP. He was getting too much work the last 2 seasons inflating his value. Once Pittsburgh lost him, the offense sputtered without his outside speed. I think his carries will be less than 300 in 08, more of a precaution. The Mewelde Moore signing is the new 3rd down back and I envision Najeh as the short yardage guy. It all equals less carries. You can hope he does more with his limited carries like in 2005, but take into account the loss of Faneca, it just doesn't look promising.

FWP will be solid, I'm just saying you can get more for him now

Bush = valueable in PPR. Team will figure out how to use him better, too talented... don't give up on him too early!!!

I'm thinking about trading Parker and Lynch for Maroney and some high to mid level picks. That would leave me w/Bush, Maroney, Braylon, and R.Williams/Jennings. Also I think I can get S.Smith (Car) for a pick like a 3rd or 2.

I'm thinking about trading Parker and Lynch for Maroney and some high to mid level picks. That would leave me w/Bush, Maroney, Braylon, and R.Williams/Jennings. Also I think I can get S.Smith (Car) for a pick like a 3rd or 2.

Personally, I'd prefer to have Lynch than Maroney, but I would certainly consider moving FWP for the right picks.

Personally, I'd prefer to have Lynch than Maroney, but I would certainly consider moving FWP for the right picks.

Yea I see what you're saying. Lynch is nice b/c he doesn't share any duties. However if I include Lynch I'll get two decent picks. I really liked what I saw from Maroney towards the end of the season I guess.