[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami Homers - outlook on the WR corps?

Dave Sherman

You asserted that just because a player is on an NFL roster that therefore he has to be a capable player. I dispute that. I used an extremely obvious example to show you that you are operating from a false premise. There are a whole lot more examples. Would you like me to cite those, also?

Go for it, but I think at the end of the day, it'll end up being you and me agreeing to disagree on Pennington. Not saying he's the 2nd coming by any means, but to say that he's not capable of playing the position is out there if you ask me.

Edited by Cunning Runt

Go for it, but I think at the end of the day, it'll end up being you and me agreeing to disagree on Pennington. Not saying he's the 2nd coming by any means, but to say that he's not capable of playing the position is out there if you ask me.

Fair enough. Let's see how it plays out this season.

I'll add my piece here.

He can throw the ball longer than 18 yards, and he might not have the deepest ball in the NFL.

But, he has been painted into a corner for his career and having a bum shoulder isn't the best way to have a career in the pro's. But, he was in a system that asked him to do so much, and if needed, he'll chuck it...not Cutler chuck it, but he'll put it up in the air for Ginn this year.

Would I want him on my team? No.

Do I think he maximized Ginn's value, no. But, he will find a way to get Ginn the ball many times this year, and some of these will be by the deep ball. He wouldn't be on the Dolphins if he couldn't throw it up there 50 yards still if he had to.