[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers this week

Flip_Side

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what? That you can't admit that you were wrong without some kind of tap dance as to why you should have been right even though actual events proved otherwise?

I'm not the one making all sorts of excuses for being wrong about posting regarding a prediction. I've been wrong before - anyone who gets involved in FF is ceratinly wrong often enough. The difference is that I'll admit it without all the caveats.

I admitted I was wrong just not to you. Why would I? You have no say in this, I don't see any point to you posting in this thread. I haven't seen any valid input out of your keyboard as of yet. If you wanna do something useful check out the Tunnel Vision comments and that will show that I admitted to DMD I should have listened to him. :wacko:

Edited by Flip_Side

What fascinates me about FF and particularly advice websites . . . and I think The Huddle is one of the very best . . . is how sound reasoning and what happens on the field don't always synch up.

Here DMD's analysis was very thought out and made perfect sense, but so much of football is the unforeseeable. Week in and week out, stud players in good systems play games against defenses that are soft on their style of play . . . and yet the studs disappoint. Or another non-stud cracks a tough D and puts up good numbers.

When somebody guesses right for the wrong reasons, it's dumb luck.

Sure you could randomly throw darts to draft your players or pick your starting lineup, and sometimes even that will work out. Over the long haul though, there's an advantage (slighter than we might admit) to carefully considered analysis guiding our decisions.

If The Huddle guys always got their plays right and for the right reasons, I would never visit the site . . . because it would be a sure sign that they were in league with the Devil, and I got enough trouble on my soul.