[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

portis/zorn drama

Azazello1313

:wacko:

So we officially have a chemistry problem. Clinton Portis unloaded on Jim Zorn over and over again during today's "John Thompson Show" appearance. He swore, he suggested maybe he should go on the injured reserve, he offered to become a cheerleader, and he said this, when asked what adjustments should be made.

"We got a genius for a head coach, I don't know, I'm sure he on top of things. He's got everything figured out. Hey, that's up to him. All I can do is when he calls a play is go out and try to execute to the best of my ability."

More quotes (and this will keep updating until I'm done transcribing):

On being benched: "You know, I think when you come to me, man, it's just a matter of who wants to see me out. You know, London Fletcher played in the game and didn't practice all week. All of the sudden it gets aggravating to [see me] standing on the sideline and you see me step into something and pick it up and understand what's going on. I haven't missed a meeting, I haven't missed a practice. I'm outside, I hear everything everybody else hears. It kind of shocked me too, but hey that's what the man said. You go back and watch film, I guarantee you won't see me make no mistakes. Maybe he's watching a different film than me."

On his understanding of the situation: "If it's an issue with me, you tell me that. Outside of Jim Zorn and the coaches on that team and maybe the quarterbacks, I guarantee you I know our system better than anybody else, I guarantee when we go over blitz pickups I don't miss my man. I don't know what it is, bro. If anybody got a problem with me, they need to talk to me. I don't know whats going on."

On communication: "Hey, they don't tell me nothing. They don't have to answer to me, bro. One day it's fun, it's nice, you smile, you happy for me, you appreciate the way I play on the field, you just wish I would practice. If I could practice, I'd practice. If my injuries weren't legit than the training room wouldn't hold me out, they'd have me on the field. I think people get caught up into the conversation of the media but then tell you not to get caught up into the conversation....

"I go out there and give it everything I've got. If I can run through the week I'd practice, if I can't then I ain't. And I'm not gonna force myself to go onto a field and do something crazy, and then all of the sudden I'm out. What I need to be around for is Sundays and that's what I try to be around for. So I mean, if you've got a problem with me not practicing and can't do it that way, maybe you feel like you need to sever ties, split ties with me? Split ties with me. But don't sit here and throw me out like I don't pay attention, like I don't know what's going on, like I'm making mistakes, I'm the problem. You know, so, it is what it is, bro."

On his blocking assignments: "You know, one day it's chip on your way out, then if you don't chip and you get out and the quarterback gets sacked it's like, 'Oh, you need to help this man out.' So they don't know what they want. They want you to chip, they want you to block, Jason's on his ass all game long, you're trying to stay in and help, and then it's, 'Oh, you should have gone out, they was coming to you.'

"I've been wide open, they don't come to me. But then he over there and came free and he done got the wind knocked out of him from getting sacked and getting hit in the back, then it's, 'Aw man you've got to help out, you've got to chip.' So you know, I don't think they know what they want me to do. You know, when things going good you're getting praised. I don't know if people getting aggravated with me getting attention. I don't know what it is."

On his coaches: "If my coaches don't feel like I can get it done, put me on the sidelines. You feel like I can help this team, put me on the field, and that's all I've got to say about it. I don't' have to confront them. They know what they've got. They know what's standing on the sideline. Five weeks ago, three weeks ago, four weeks ago when I'm sitting first in the NFL and all of the sudden we don't run the ball no more? I'm hurt, and that's why we ain't running it? Cmon. You [kidding] me?"

On the lines of communication: "It ain't lack of communication with me because that's some BS to go out and say I don't know what's going on. When have I missed a meeting? Let me start missing meetings. Let me not come out and practice, let me sit my [butt] in the training room if I don't know what's going on. What am I standing outside for?"

we have all bosses we dont like at times ...are we allowed to publicly blast them in front of alot of people and get away with it ?? I doubt it very , very much

Portis has been great this year but he could have spoken to Zorn privately and easily

These millionaire Generation X superstars just dont get it

Edited by isleseeya