[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami player arrested

Randall

A black Freightliner. Maybe like this one.

BY JENNIFER LEBOVICH AND ROBERT SAMUELS

rsamuels@MiamiHerald.com

Miami Dolphins player Randy Starks was arrested and charged with aggravated battery early Sunday morning after pushing his slow-moving truck into an officer who was trying to stop him along Ocean Drive during the busy Memorial Day weekend.

Here's what happened, according to a police report:

Starks, a 25-year-old defensive end, was driving a black freight-liner through bumper-to-bumper traffic around midnight when an officer noticed there were 13 people in the four-person vehicle, including a woman sitting on his lap.

The officer walked up to the car and knocked on the side window; Starks kept driving. Starks finally stopped when the officer knocked on the side door. Then the car accelerated, moving slightly to the left.

The movement caused the vehicle to hit the officer in the chest and pinned him against against a vehicle in the another lane.

Police ran the tags on the truck, which showed the license plate was not registered to that specific vehicle.

Starks is going into his second season with the Dolphins, where he started in four games and played reserve in 12 others. A graduate of the University of Maryland, he was drafted in 2004 by the Tennessee Titans.

http://www.miamiherald.com/598/story/1063629.html

He was listed as being held in jail Sunday morning on $10,000 bond.

The article said it was a Freightliner. The CTX is made by International. I don't believe the two companies are related so it's wouldn't be that one. The CNN article I saw this in initially said that the police report didn't mention if it was hooked up to a trailer or not, so I would presume that it was an actual semi tractor, not an super-sided pick up truck like the CTX.

The article said it was a Freightliner. The CTX is made by International. I don't believe the two companies are related so it's wouldn't be that one. The CNN article I saw this in initially said that the police report didn't mention if it was hooked up to a trailer or not, so I would presume that it was an actual semi tractor, not an super-sided pick up truck like the CTX.

Could be one of these too.