[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bush

MrTed46

I don't know how you guys feel......but I think Fred Jackson looked better last night than Lynch ever has. I think Fred is trying to make a case to stay the #1 guy.....or at the very least split carries 50/50.

He definitely seemed to block better and came back to bail his QB out a couple times. And he definitely has better pass catching ability.

I'm betting Buffalo won't be so quick to roll Lynch out in week #4 as the "starter". Just a hunch.

I enjoy your view on the Raiders KP, as I know you're a big homer but your assessment on their backfield was way off in the preseason and continues to be IMO. Time will tell what will happen with Fargas and what role he'll play but it''ll be tough to give him anything worth while if DMC and Bush are playing well and complimenting each other nicely.

:wacko:

Like I've said all along, my assessment of the Raiders' backfield this upcoming season was purely based on what I thought Al Davis and Tom Cable would decide to do with it - not what the logical thing to do would be, as they are obviously not the same. I have no problem admitting I was wrong in this assessment because it was speculation and most importantly, because I am not a professional coach or analyst.

I'll be the first to admit I underestimated the offensive line and DMC's ability going into this season. I expected Fargas to be the starter if he stayed healthy and DMC to continue in the backseat. I also expected the Raiders to use a three back set, which I gathered from comments made during press conferences where Cable and Davis noted how impressed they were with NYG's system. Obviously I was wrong in both regards, you are correct Irish.

However, I said the team runs around 29 times a game (29 exactly on MNF) - and with those carries the starting tailback would get around 15 carries a game while the second back would get around 10-12 carries. DMC had 17, Bush got 12. I realize I was talking about Fargas and DMC respectively at the time, but like I said - I was underestimating McFadden and overestimating Al's love of Fargas. (Mind you if Fargas had been healthy he would have been the #2 back Monday and Bush would have never seen the field, but that's irrelevant at this point)

As far as receptions go, I predicted DMC would get 2-3 per game. He had two on Monday Night, and Bush had 1.

While I was wrong about my analysis of the Raiders' depth chart and how they would execute on game day, one of the biggest points I was trying to make was that Justin Fargas, despite what everyone wants to think, is still a part of this offense in the minds of Tom Cable and Al Davis:

You need to realize how Al Davis does things. Fargas started out behind Charlie Garner, Tyrone Wheatley and Lamont Jordan and has worked hard for Al Davis to become the kind of back Al wants and has proved his dedication to the Raiders. So Al Davis rewards him and makes him the starter and gives him a big contract. Fargas is a "yes sir" kind of guy, and he has the team owner keeping him in that starting role.
Jerry McDonald, of InsideBayArea.com, reports on his Twitter feed that Raiders head coach Tom Cable said that there will be two primary runners in each game, one of which will be the starter, Darren McFadden. Cable refused to commit one back as the #2, and called Michael Bush and Justin Fargas "backups".

Cable said he will stick with the two-back system from Monday: McFadden as the starter, the backup getting his own share of carries. Bush was the backup Monday. Fargas could get a turn, too. There won't be a third back used in a single game unless there's an injury.

So who's No. 2? Cable hasn't decided, and it could change week to week depending on the game plan and opponent.

"Justin Fargas is proven and proven in this system," Cable said. "There's plenty of us to go around. What it does is, it brings a couple of more packages into the offense, which is kind of nice, so, hopefully, we'll get to do some of that this week."

I don't think Fargas should be on that field any more than you do. But for some reason, as heartless as Al Davis is, every now and then there is a player he doesn't keep things professional with and will do his best to hold onto them regardless of where their ability is at.

Now, I could be way off base with all of this of course. I'm just a fan after all - I'm not the coach or anything.

It's a good thing you didn't listen to me and drank the kool-aid :D

...should of listened to me...just kidding :wacko:

I still think Bush should be the starter but it was nice to see the McFadden/Bush tandem be somewhat successful against San Diego. Although I liked Fargas when he first was drafted by the Raiders (I even picked him in the huddle nfl mock draft way back when) I hope Cable convinces Al that Bush/McFadden give the Raiders the best chance to win.

Edited by Return Of S&B

Jerry McDonald, of InsideBayArea.com, reports on his Twitter feed that Raiders head coach Tom Cable said that there will be two primary runners in each game, one of which will be the starter, Darren McFadden. Cable refused to commit one back as the #2, and called Michael Bush and Justin Fargas "backups".

Cable said he will stick with the two-back system from Monday: McFadden as the starter, the backup getting his own share of carries. Bush was the backup Monday. Fargas could get a turn, too. There won't be a third back used in a single game unless there's an injury.

So who's No. 2? Cable hasn't decided, and it could change week to week depending on the game plan and opponent.

"Justin Fargas is proven and proven in this system," Cable said. "There's plenty of us to go around. What it does is, it brings a couple of more packages into the offense, which is kind of nice, so, hopefully, we'll get to do some of that this week."

Our view: We believe Bush will be more effective in short yardage and as a receiver than Justin Fargas. This statement gives a glimmer of light to Fargas's possible value this year, but we wouldn't drop Bush.

Um, is it just me or, from a non-fantasy perspective, is this frickin' stupid? If you've got 3 healthy backs all with some level of NFL talent and each capable of bringing different abilities/dimensions to the field, why would you limit yourself to just 2 of them in any one game?