[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two Day Live Auction

T-Scorp

My 10 team auction league has been around since 1997. This year a couple of the newer owners proposed we split the auction into two days. (similar to the revamped NFL draft).

The idea is to start the auction on Friday night and auction off 60 players (equal to 6 rounds) then resume the next morning for the final 100 players.

Pros.... give owners time to re-evaluate their strategy and or make trades. Spreads the auction for two days so twice the fun.

Cons.... have to set two days aside for the draft, by allowing owners time to rethink their strategy may hurt owners whose intial strategy was working very well.

We typically play poker the Friday night before the Saturday draft (which we typically hold Saturday morning anyways) so really the proposal would work logistically.

Any thoughts or has anyone done something similar for a live auction/draft?

Edited by T-Scorp

Personally I prefer to get it all done in one shot, for a number of reasons

1) You're up a creek if an owner shows up to day 1 but for whatever reason misses day 2.

2) I prefer to let owners ply their strategy in one go round without the opportunity to take a breath and re-evaluate - although this may not be as big a factor after 60 players are off the board.