[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Hurt

kpholmes

Some people will never be able to get over what Vick did and be able to root for him and all those that can should not force thier opinions on those that won't root for him. He will always have his haters and IMHO they should be allowed to hate on him without others being mad that they will never root for him. I know many die hard Iggles fans they feel very uncomfortable rooting for Vick to do well despite wanting the team to do well. It is what it is and both side should be able to respect the other opinion. That being said its never cool to root for a person to get hurt regardless of what you think of him.

I also heard on Philly radio Vick may be out for 6 weeks watching him play it seemed that it was just a matter of time before he got hurt. He was taking way too many hits a game to stay healthy

Some people will never be able to get over what Vick did and be able to root for him and all those that can should not force thier opinions on those that won't root for him. He will always have his haters and IMHO they should be allowed to hate on him without others being mad that they will never root for him. I know many die hard Iggles fans they feel very uncomfortable rooting for Vick to do well despite wanting the team to do well. It is what it is and both side should be able to respect the other opinion. That being said its never cool to root for a person to get hurt regardless of what you think of him.

I appreciate your refreshingly mature and objective response, but agree to disagree. Anyone who knowingly and deliberately does all the unbelievably sadistic things he did and for so long, and just because he ENJOYS it......deserves as much pain and misery as he can get for at least as long. PS: that POS spent exactly zero days in jail for animal abuse and now is back to fame and glory and making millions playing a game. That's paying your debt? How warped can you get?

OK enough, pardon the sidetrack. out

I appreciate your refreshingly mature and objective response, but agree to disagree. Anyone who knowingly and deliberately does all the unbelievably sadistic things he did and for so long, and just because he ENJOYS it......deserves as much pain and misery as he can get for at least as long. PS: that POS spent exactly zero days in jail for animal abuse and now is back to fame and glory and making millions playing a game. That's paying your debt? How warped can you get?

OK enough, pardon the sidetrack. out

FWIW I personally agree with you 100% that being said its I also realize that some people will always say he did his time (even if none of his prison time was for brutally killing dogs). I think living in Philly I am just sick of people who refuse to understand that some people ( myself included) will never be able to root for him because he's in IMHO a scumbag. I would love to see how many other people who have been convicted of a felony get a second chance that includes a multi million dollar contract

Most people who are convicted of a felony don't get a second chance for millions of dollars, but like it or not, Michael Vick is not most people. He is one of the 32 best in the world at what he does.

It's not just athletes who get this treatment, though they're the ones we hear about the most. If you are one of the top 32 (athletes/legal/finance/sales/tech people) in the world, it doesn't matter how badly you screw up; someone, somewhere, will pay you handsomely to do what you do.

No one has to like it, but comparing him to a typical worker is apples and oranges.

Most people who are convicted of a felony don't get a second chance for millions of dollars, but like it or not, Michael Vick is not most people. He is one of the 32 best in the world at what he does.

It's not just athletes who get this treatment, though they're the ones we hear about the most. If you are one of the top 32 (athletes/legal/finance/sales/tech people) in the world, it doesn't matter how badly you screw up; someone, somewhere, will pay you handsomely to do what you do.

No one has to like it, but comparing him to a typical worker is apples and oranges.

Basically Vick has succeeded in the business he works in and has drawn some anger against him FIRST by making defenses look bad since college. Who knows how many bets have been lost against him bringing in more hate. Then he was the first pick of the 2001 draft.....

Dog fightning isn't the worst crime in the world, but it is to anyone who has had a pet as a friend. Not everyone in the world views animals the same way. The NFL feels he has served his time for that crime.

Education on dog fighting in America: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_fighting_...e_United_States

Vick seemed very sincere and remorseful in the two interviews I watched. I don't know how much more open he could be. I think he really is trying to turn his life around and is working harder than he ever did with the Falcons. Also he is speaking to kids about the mistakes he made, hopefully making a difference with a handful at a time. It's easy to point fingers and be disgusted by the things he did in the past, and easy to forget that every one of us will need forgiveness many times in our lives, for things big and small. I think in many cases the people who refuse to see he has changed have bigger issues with themselves. I say these things as someone who despised him for a long time.

That said, I've always felt his style of play is not a good fit for the NFL. It's exciting to see him run, but he's too reckless and gets hurt too much. It happened in Atlanta, and it happened again yesterday. He was able to improve his accuracy and pocket presence, next he needs to learn how to avoid contact instead of seeking it out. Slide, run out of bounds, throw the ball away. He can still run it when the hole is there, but don't dive head-on into defenders or hurdle a guy who could flip you on your head. He still plays like the whole franchise rides on him gaining another few yards, even when he's already got the first down. He's not built like a running back, and even those guys get annihilated on a regular basis. He has no chance of being signed for big money as a franchise QB again if he keeps this up, especially adding his age into the equation.