[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man would I love to see a 18 game Season

archiebonker

Hi Bier Meister

(first off, how do you change your profile Logo or picture on here? LOL)

Second, I think it would still competive till the end and I could see it only being a 1 bye week still. About the injuries. Yes, of course two games makes a difference. But if you made a bigger roster size in the NFL. You could get away with that. And of course you would still try to keep your best players on the field.

FF would look different. But I think for the better. I like the stratagy portion of the game. And if you had to work on your lineups more, and not be able to rely on star players only. (you would really have to take gambles and make stratagies). I think it would be that much more satisfying.

Go with a 16 team league. 15 weeks of regular sesason. Week 16-17 and 18 for playoffs and finals. Would work perfect.

Hi Bier Meister

(first off, how do you change your profile Logo or picture on here? LOL)

Second, I think it would still competive till the end and I could see it only being a 1 bye week still. About the injuries. Yes, of course two games makes a difference. But if you made a bigger roster size in the NFL. You could get away with that. And of course you would still try to keep your best players on the field.

FF would look different. But I think for the better. I like the stratagy portion of the game. And if you had to work on your lineups more, and not be able to rely on star players only. (you would really have to take gambles and make stratagies). I think it would be that much more satisfying.

Go with a 16 team league. 15 weeks of regular sesason. Week 16-17 and 18 for playoffs and finals. Would work perfect.

it is somewhere in your controls. change avatar.

it was my contention that the league will be more competitive down the stretch (more teams still alive). roster size will not have a hugh impact on high profile players. do you really think sd wants to sit rivers, sf wants to rest gore, indy wants to rest manning...etc more than they have to?

ff would definitely look different, but for better or worse is yet to be determined. are you really suggesting that those of us who are against an 18 game season do not enjoy strategic elements of ff? the current injury/bye issues already increase the luck factor in ff... 2 more games increases it further imo........ which is much less satisfying.

i think it will take about a year or 2 to see exactly how ff will be impacted.

edit: also, i do not happen to like 16 owner leagues. i am sure i can get creative with the 12 owner leagues i am in. additionally, if "starters" start getting additional rest i am not enthusiastic about playing guessing games as to how many plays player X gets per game..... more luck factors imo.

Edited by Bier Meister

Well you guys might be right.. I don't know how it would be for the NFL, Players or FF. All I'm saying is that I l'd love to see it. I think a 16 team FF league would work best if it did. And for the whole CFL bash. I love the brand of football up here (even if I love the NFL too). It's nice to have another option to watch. Lots of history. (high scoring and alot of close games). (just need more teams).

But I like all the points you guys have. I would be happy with just having a season next year. Dammmm, spent abunch of time and money into upgrading our league site and now it might not even happen. :wacko: