[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

These guys deserve $10s of millions!

Bronco Billy

:wacko:

Why do you keep entering threads like this and continuously showing how little you understand how businesses operate? Do you honestly think that player salaries are the only expenses that owners incur?

That a select portion of the employees get half of the gross revenues of a company is an astounding ratio in the players' favor. Now you just go on and tell all of how insignificant all other employee salaries, health care costs, debt service, pensions, local state & federal taxes, insurance, venue costs, team and league facilities, marketing, league fees and expenses, travel, housing, lawyers fees, equipment and uniform costs, etc are completely insignificant and meaningless to the game and that the players could run the league on their own.

And to square - so accumulating wealth, building a phenominally successful business, growing that success even further, and then passing what you've built on to your hiers is somehow a bad thing in this country?

You are kind of ruining my set up here by jumping the gun just a bit. No matter..

I wonder how effective the players would be if instead of concentrating on training and making it rain they had to worry about rules, schedules, human resources concerns for hiring thousands of stadium workers and league office people. Not to mention training and grading refs, getting insurance for stadiums and employees, hiring lawyers and accountants for lawsuits and payroll matters, negotiating licenses, paying for travel, hiring coaches and training staffs, setting up pensions and scouting future talent.

I think the all player league would be tremendously exciting, for about three years.

I think the NFL would easily surpass and supplant the players league in two years, but man would those first few years be rocking fun to watch.

One wonders what coaches the players would bring back. Glanville, Green, June Jones, Dan Reeves, Mike Sherman. What offenses they would run? The same goes for the NFL, what offenses would they run with the 32 best Q.B.'s over in the player's league to start. Where would Favre and Tiki go to play.