[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jermaine Gresham?

arnoldg3

So then if I understand you correctly, you still rank Gresham as the number 11th ranked tight end in ppr, despite everything else you have just said to the contrary concerning the Bengals poor team etc?

One of us does not understand correctly.

I did not say anything to the contrary of Jermaine Gresham being projected for 64-620 and 5 TDs that turns out to be 11th in a particular scoring system. I merely said because of what I view as risk factors, I am neither "hot" nor "cold" on him. What is it that you are fishing for because I do not understand. I projected him at a specific number that I view as most likely given a universe of potential outcomes and I did not say avoid him or take him really. What am I missing?

What am I missing?

I think he's trying to get a handle on why you wrote this:

While yes, lots of people like Gresham as a sleeper type, I see him more as a Bengal with no QB. He had 52-471 and four scores with Carson Palmer last year. That has to be a ceiling with inexperienced QB's and an all-around worse team.

If in one breathe you are saying his ceiling is 52/471, yet in another you project him for 64/620/5 TDs....a newbie to the Huddle might get confused.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Thank you Swammi.

DMD does a great job with his rankings, and he's cranking out an unbelievable amount of info on a daily basis. It wouldn't shock me (nor would I call him on the carpet) if he was higher on a player two weeks ago, and a little less so today. Its a ton of players to evaluate.

So I guess I like him more than last year, slightly. DIdn't mean to make the word ceiling quite such a fixed number since +/- 150 yards is sort of the same to me in terms of where a TE would fall at his level and in my mind, a TE with 470 or 620 is not going to be a difference maker. I'll fix the problematic wording.

In the end, it is still just a backup TE that you would use to cover a bye week. But I'll fix it.

I am starting to hate the guy.

Seriously - talented tight end but he needs a quarterback that can get the job done. When that will happen is just a guess and so far it doesn't look like this year is it. Assumedly Andy Dalton gets better or they get a decent veteran shipped in for 2012. He's got the talent to be a top ten tight end for sure.