[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Jermichael Finley killing anyone else?

Lippy225

Jennings is 1A, Jordy is 1B, then you have Finley, Jones, Driver, Cobb.

Finley has 4 more targets, and after week 1 he's had 8 more targets than Nelson in 5 games. Take away 2 busted-ass coverages by horrible defenses and Nelson's numbers look more like Santana Moss than a 1B on the Packers. I do agree that it's all about Jennings so far, and that there are too many targets there for any one of them to get consistent numbers, but you're overstating Nelson pretty significantly.

edit: And I'm still buying into Finley. He's the biggest matchup challenge they have after Jennings, and when they start playing teams that can cover and the weather gets colder Finley will be worked in more.

Edited by flemingd

if the GB WRs weren't scoring from 30 out :wacko: then you would have more red zone chances for Finley. Finley's TD chances come when the team is near the goal line, like 12 or 13 yard line PLUS Rodgers will throw to him more when facing good corners. Unfortunately, this has happened only once so far, when they played Chicago. He should get more attention in the upcoming games (MINN, SD, MINN again, TB, DET) all teams with good corners.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

The only every week safe plays on the Packers offense are Rodgers, Jennings, and Nelson.

I don't think Nelson is a particularly 'safe' play -- certainly not any 'safer' than Driver, Jones or Finley. A couple of lucky plays have really boosted Nelson's numbers -- take out the long plays in Week 2 and Week 5 and his numbers are mediocre . Rodgers and Jennings are the only safe plays in this offense.

I am not giving up on him but I have in my keeper/auction league and bought him for $18 whereas I could have kept Jimmy Graham for $10. :wacko:

What I should have done is kept Graham and bought Finley as well - we play with a WR/TE flex. So if both panned out I could have had the high class problem of playing them both every week. Good news is that my team is still pretty darn good:

Romo (Hasselbeck)

McFadden, Bradshaw (Sproles key backup)

Megatron, Bowe, Steve Smith (CAR) (Santana Moss key backup)

Finley (Gresham).

still not too shabby