[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 16 Gambling

Tally

I’m looking for some dogs to ML/Parlay again this week and I’m going to stick with a 2 teamer no matter what! Adding in that 3rd team cost me last week.

My favorite lean this week is the Giants as a road team in Giants stadium…pretty funny! They need the game very badly; it’s do or die for the Giants and they should be motivated after last week's embarrassment to Wash. I just think the Giants are an all around better team than the Jets. The weakest part of the Giants game is their secondary and I don’t think Sanchez is the best QB to take advantage of that. Now I just need to figure out which team to match the Giants up with.

My other leans are SEA. I love the way this team is playing right now and it’s a home game (gotta love a home dog) but SF is a tough opponent. The 49ers and their tricky lights certainly shut me up last week with their win against Pitt.

SD- Another must win game for the Chargers. With both OAK and DEN losing last week, they are still in the playoff hunt. Also, DET played in a thriller last week with a last second win against OAK, could be a good let down spot to go against DET.

PHI- I know I talked trash about Philly last week but since Vick has come back from his injury they do look much better; maybe Vick has something to prove. I guess it’s possible that he may actually care.

Any thoughts? Do you guys like any of these dogs this week?

Edited by Tally

I put OAK (+2.5) in a 3 teamer with DEN and CINCY... I don't think AZ or BUFF can do it.

I teased the NYG to +9 and feel comfortable there so the NYG might be your team. My gut says San Diego will make it close but could fall just short.

I thought about OAK for a bit also but I just think that they probably had thier spirits broken last week (that was a rough loss for them) Maybe if the game was in OAK and not KC but I think at this point you can put a fork in the Raiders. Also, KC should be riding high after last weeks win against GB...they will probably use that win as motivation to finish of the season strong. Den and Cin are fav's so I can't follow you there but I wish you luck this week!

Edited by Tally

Of the ones you listed, I like Philly the best. They're coming around and stepping up, with still a lot to prove, and the weapons to make it happen. Not sold on Dallas at all. Nice win over TB (so what?) preceeded by losses to the Giants and Arizona! What's the Philly line, 3 or 4??

Of the ones you listed, I like Philly the best. They're coming around and stepping up, with still a lot to prove, and the weapons to make it happen. Not sold on Dallas at all. Nice win over TB (so what?) preceeded by losses to the Giants and Arizona! What's the Philly line, 3 or 4??

It's only 2, some books even have it at 1.5 but personally, I would back it at ML.

As a Jet homer here i'll just bring up the fact that for some reason the Giants WRs decided it was a great idea to call out Derelle Revis, calling him a "decent corner back."

Well I recall Ochocinco (0 catches), T.O., and Brandon Marshall, etc etc all called out Revis. And it turns out i'm happy you guys did because that means that average QB Eli is going to have all his favorite targets shut down, ...and the 2nd and 3rd CBs are Cromartie and Kyle Wilson. Wouldn't really be betting on eli playing too stellar. All we have to do is stop Brandon Jacobs(and it's not 2008 anymore) and then hope that our crap show of an offense can put some points up.

Brodney Pool played along with the trash talk in an interview on ESPN New York 1050's "Ruocco & Lundberg Show." He asked to hear what Cruz said about Revis, architect of the fictional "Revis Island," and then came back with this zinger:

"You can tell him to get out the slot and get out to the island and see if he doesn't drown," Pool said.

:wacko: I actually laughed when i read that comeback.

Either way, i look at it is winner of this team goes to the playoff. Loser plays 2nd fiddle to the winner in NY.

As far as betting is concerned...well i'd stay away from this one because nobody honestly knows who will decide to play. That's pretty much how i watch the Jets each week, i hope they come out and play because they can very well chose not to.

As for the Eagles, i don't want to play them again anytime soon

Edited by Infinity

i personally love SD and OAK...SD because they are just hot ...and oak because i like betting on "decent" teams coming off a loss playing a "bad" team coming off a huge road win

completely steering clear of the NYG and PHI picks because all teams involved are going to put it all out there, and i just think there are better scenarios out there

not my fav game but i do like SEA ...and i also think TB has a coin flip shot at beating carolina and u are getting 3 to 1 odds right now

I decided to go with SD and PHI as my top 2 choices not NYG (due to the Manningham and Ballard injuries). So I just went down to my local book but the PHI line had dropped all the way down to minus 1 and at minus 1 you can't bet ML, you can only take the points. So I put 30 clams on Phi +1 and SD ML but it only pays $88... not happy. I'm used to my 2 teamers paying at least 5 to 1 not 3 to 1.

Then the degenerate in me really kicks in. Because I'm unhappy with my payout on that ticket, I ended up putting another 20 clams on PHI+1, SD ml, SEA ml, and NYG ml (all four of my leans) $20 to win $333. I like that payout much better but of course I don't really expect to hit all 4 dog's.

What the hell is wrong with me!

Edited by Tally

Seattle, Giants, Philly, Oakland, and maybe Buffalo depending on the points. In that order. Descending levels of guarantees of a positive outcome.

I actually just did Giants, Philly, and Buffalo. With Indy on Thursday....4-4 :wacko: Yay, xmas. I've killed the NFL this season. Damn colleges have killed me back.