[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

my new favorite lunch cart

Azazello1313

biker jim's hot dogs

started as the one cart you

with bourdain, now they have a couple more carts and even a restaurant near the ballpark. concept is just excellent sausages with various meats, served up with a simple, fairly unique presentation -- hold in a boil, slice it open, throw it on the grill, finish with cream cheese and carmelized onion. so freaking delicious. before today I'd had the jalapeno-elk, the louisiana red-hot, and the southwest buffalo -- all of which are pretty spicy. I just ate the wild boar, which was just amazing.

next time you're in downtown denver check it out.

I love a good hotdog... But the best one's are the "bad" hotdogs. A cheap mixed bunch of parts, stuffed in a skin and covered with slaw, chili and mustard. "The Dog House" in High Point, NC may have the best. The Varsity in ATL is a close second.

That being said, I'll give any type of dog a try.

Sounds delicious Az. Will absolutely give it a shot if I'm ever in Denver. My favorite of all time is likely Top Dog in Berkeley, CA, though I haven't been there in decades.

Mind you, Costco is still my go to around here. Nothing fancy, but a quality all-beef frank on a soft bun with your choice of toppings (I get onions and deli mustard and saurkraut when I'm in the mood).

I don't know what's in that chili, and I don't want to know.... Their food isn't anything special as it is just greasy-good, but the Varsity has a way of even making a hardcore vegan say "fuggit" on Gameday...

Yep, I agree. The Varsity food isn't all that special, yet I find myself going there every time I make my way to the ATL.

My favorite of all time is likely Top Dog in Berkeley, CA, though I haven't been there in decades.

Definitely a cool "hole in the wall" place with outstanding dogs. Its been a while since I've eaten there as well. Ever check out Kip's only a few blocks away?. One of the best charbroiled burgers I've ever had.

Edited by slambo