[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon is...

sksmith

Yeah, this was initially approached after a sleepless weekend because of newborn...wasn't capable of good thought yesterday

It is an overvalue of cap space on my part and now that I step back and look it over (and a few pots of coffee), the issue of cap space specifically and in general isn't pressing at all. Your question of "what are you gonna do with the cap space?" is a helpful way to look at it all. Yeah I "gain" cap space, but what can I do with it; AP is biggest FA name available and I can afford him if I want without dealing with the whole Gordon issue

My only real decision is how to view Gordon going forward; does he possess the ability to turn his life around or is he a full lost cause? Simply dropping him will save me cap space at a graduated penalty rate compared to keeping him or I just hold onto him and see what next offseason brings

Definitely don't drop him yet. Similar to cap space - what are you gonna do with the roster spot? Take some high risk upside guy and sit on him to see what happens? Sounds familiar?

Gordon's got 9 lives. He got out of one 1 year suspension already, wait and see. Don't forget, he's only 23 years old. Dude could lose 2 full years and still come back in his physical prime, and we've seen what he can do when he's prime. I doubt it ever amounts to anything, but the recurring theme for him is "what's the gain you'll get?".

I wouldn't drop him out right. Some sucker person will likely offer you a kicker or something for him at some point. Otherwise I'd just hold for now and deal with it when needed

Offer incoming!

Definitely don't drop him yet. Similar to cap space - what are you gonna do with the roster spot? Take some high risk upside guy and sit on him to see what happens? Sounds familiar?

Gordon's got 9 lives. He got out of one 1 year suspension already, wait and see. Don't forget, he's only 23 years old. Dude could lose 2 full years and still come back in his physical prime, and we've seen what he can do when he's prime. I doubt it ever amounts to anything, but the recurring theme for him is "what's the gain you'll get?".

Offer incoming!

Lucky for me I don;t have salary caps to deal with in our league. I just have a dead roster spot. Hopefully he's the only one this year

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...