[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Implementing a blind bidding system from regular waivers - Whats the best way?

Big Dogs

Fellow Huddlers...

In one of my oldest leagues, we still use a standard waiver wire process where those with the highest waiver ranking have shots at the best players for any given week. If you don't make a pick, and others do, you move up in the rankings... For each trade / waiver we make, we charge $2 per player, and the SB winner gets all the T&W fees accumulated at the end of the year.

I would like to move our league to a blind bidding system, but know there are going to be some teams against it, and I'll need 8 teams to accept the rule change.

Need some suggestions on how everyone has implemented a blind bidding system, how you charge for player moves, and what it took to convince the league to make the move.

Also, at the same time, I've finally convinced the same league to move away from CBS sportsline!! :yay::yay::yay:

I'm looking at ESPN, Yahoo, and MFL as the main options to move too so far. Are there any other sites out there that you would recommend, and why.

We have a few of these threads every offseason and I believe every Huddler would recommend the change to blind bidding big time. I know I would. Maybe show them one of these threads or this one, when/if enough people encourage the change.

Blind bidding creates a more competitive league and perhaps more important than anything else it is so much more fun, and you will never ever participate in a league without blind bidding and never understand why you didn't make the shift earlier.

If you have pretty good parity in your league (owners are all generally active and knowledgeable) then blind bidding is the best way to go. If it is more of a casual league with some rookie owners or slackers, it can increase the divide between the haves and the have-nots.

Blind bidding is a free market economy. Worst to first waivers is communism.

Move to last after claim is somewhere in between. You control a resource that you use at your discretion, but it is sort of a nanny state, safety net situation.

You should consider fleaflicker to host your league. Their customer service is super responsive (unlike ESPN).

• Like 1