[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to drop?

anak85

Hi there!

I need to make space for a Kicker this week and would like to add K. Rudolph as well.

I have no idea what to do.

1. Drop D. Williams now that Le'Veon Bell is coming back?

2. Keep hanging on to Dion Lewis or just ride with Blount?

3. Keep Tajae Sharpe?

Thanks in advance!

^^ this. Lewis is the main expendable you have at the moment, and for sure do not drop Williams. Last year I had Le'Veon Bell in my keeper league, and the guy who had DeAngelo dropped him two weeks before Bell's injury. As soon as he dropped him I picked him up, and rode Williams to the championship. Don't be that guy!

Don't drop Williams. I wouldn't drop Sharpe for Rudolph unless you desperately need a TE.

Drop Lewis and get a kicker, you'll probably be able to pickup Lewis after next week anyway.

^^ this. Lewis is the main expendable you have at the moment, and for sure do not drop Williams. Last year I had Le'Veon Bell in my keeper league, and the guy who had DeAngelo dropped him two weeks before Bell's injury. As soon as he dropped him I picked him up, and rode Williams to the championship. Don't be that guy!

Ok. Drop Lewis and hope to pick him up again next week or place him on IR for the keeper league?

Sharpe has a fair amount of targets but isn't doing anything with them. Would you still stick with him in an 8-player league?

(At the moment the best other available WRs are Crabtree, Sanders, Cruz, Austin, Gordon)

Holy ****, no Sharpe wouldn't be on my team in an 8-team league.

And yeah, if you can put Lewis on IR in your league, do that, which should open up a spot for you.

Ok. Drop Lewis and hope to pick him up again next week or place him on IR for the keeper league?

Sharpe has a fair amount of targets but isn't doing anything with them. Would you still stick with him in an 8-player league?

(At the moment the best other available WRs are Crabtree, Sanders, Cruz, Austin, Gordon)

Id take all those WR over Sharpe except Austin and maybe Cruz

Holy ****, no Sharpe wouldn't be on my team in an 8-team league.

And yeah, if you can put Lewis on IR in your league, do that, which should open up a spot for you.

Ok, so you think Blount is the guy in 2016 and D. Lewis can be ignored with the injury situation? If so I'd happily IR him.

Drop Sharpe then to get Rudolph and continue for now with 4 WRs and 6 RBs (2 Starters: Murray / Blount; 1 RBBC: Riddick; 2 handcuffs: Ware / D.Williams; 1 injured: D. Martin)?

Id take all those WR over Sharpe except Austin and maybe Cruz

In which order? What do you expect of Gordon when he is back?

Edited by anak85

Gordon should do well enough once he's back AND Josh McCown returns (ugh, can't believe I just typed that), since he's the best QB they have.

Also, you talk of IRing him... in any league I've ever been in, if you put a fantasy player on IR on your fantasy team, if he comes off of it, you can still play him by putting him in a different slot once he's healthy. Of course you can ignore Lewis right NOW, he's on the NFL's IR... but if they bring him back, you're golden. In the meantime, you free up a slot for a player who's playing.

Gordon should do well enough once he's back AND Josh McCown returns (ugh, can't believe I just typed that), since he's the best QB they have.

Also, you talk of IRing him... in any league I've ever been in, if you put a fantasy player on IR on your fantasy team, if he comes off of it, you can still play him by putting him in a different slot once he's healthy. Of course you can ignore Lewis right NOW, he's on the NFL's IR... but if they bring him back, you're golden. In the meantime, you free up a slot for a player who's playing.

We're a league here in Germany started in 2002. Once on IR you can't bring him back for the season... how to proceed? Stick with 7 RBs for now and just let someone else pick up Rudolph as I already have Reed?

So Sharpe is decided and getting a Kicker, before then heading back for Gordon (or whover impresses me next week).

Ahhh ok, that's good information to know. I would IR him because Belichick is famously not married to anyone, and Blount is doing well. If he continues I could see Lewis being their passing back, but not receiving a bunch of carries like he started to last year.

Curious, are you in the military? "how to proceed", being in Germany both indicate military, and the fact you're a Buccaneer fan indicates that maybe you're from Florida originally. Just wondering... I'm originally from Tampa, a huge Buccaneer fan, and just retired from the Air Force last year.

• Like 1

Ahhh ok, that's good information to know. I would IR him because Belichick is famously not married to anyone, and Blount is doing well. If he continues I could see Lewis being their passing back, but not receiving a bunch of carries like he started to last year.

Curious, are you in the military? "how to proceed", being in Germany both indicate military, and the fact you're a Buccaneer fan indicates that maybe you're from Florida originally. Just wondering... I'm originally from Tampa, a huge Buccaneer fan, and just retired from the Air Force last year.

Ok, thanks a lot! Rudolph and some random Kicker, here I come!

No, I am engineer ;-) No US roots, just my parents have a house south of Tampa and my cousins used to live im Tampa. Nice place! I have never been to a Bucs game though. Do you still visit?

Also, not very many people over here watching football so hard to get any advice. Thank you again!

Edit: Pitta and Tamme are also free. Should Pitta be my second choice?

Edited by anak85

Nah I think Rudolph is a good upgrade for you at TE. I like Pitta, but I'd rather have Rudolph I think. But yeah, if someone takes Rudolph, Pitta is a great second option. He and Flacco are good friends, and with Pitta finally healthy again after 2 years of injuries, he's catching a lot of balls.

Ahhh ok, that makes sense too! LOL I haven't visited Tampa since 3 1/2 years ago when my mom passed; I had to take care of everything since I was her only child.

My wife and I lived in Italy for 5 years, so we visited Germany a lot. I LOVED Heidelberg, been there several times, and Munich is beautiful as well.

• Like 1

Glad to hear! Gemany has anlot of great places worth visiting!

I'll see what I can get on our wire. Btw, how does the waiver wire work in a typical league? We all send our bids to the league commissioner by a certain time once a week.