[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your solution to this years BCS (BS)

GOB1

Well another year, and the system is still screwed up.

I have a question maybe someone could answer. How many split National champions were there, before this stupid Bcs?

I for one, think we should simply go back to what we had, before. Being from bigten country, it was always about getting to the rose bowl. And Im sure other

conferences could say the same. Tradition is what college football should be about.

Since this Bcs, we have teams pading there schedule, teams running scores up.

We will never (EVER) have a true National championship with this current system.

Everyone could claim there opionion, on who has the better conference or whatever, but until theres a playoff (which I dont see ever happening) things were pretty good the way they were. These big bowl games simply come down to money. Who travels and who doesnt. Cal really got screwed here, not saying texas doesnt deserve to be there, but just think about it, Cal isnt even playing on New Years day, they lost to the NUmber 1 team by 6 points, on the road none the less. The only reason there not in the rose bowl is because of when they played, and they didnt win convinceing enough. How about this, If anyone should ***, the pac-ten should. Last year Usc got screwed, this year its Cal.

Some other things to think about. These bowl game tie ins. We currently have teams in the these bcs games that have 2 and even 3 losses. We have a mid-major team this year in Utah. Does anyone think Utah could go thru any big conference and go Undefeated. Maybe the could. Good luck to the teams in bowl games, hopefully my beloved Wolverines can pull out a victory. I dont know though, were playing against the ALMIGHTY BIG12. And we play in that lil old big ten. That is for all u big12 homers.

Im not saying the old system sucks. But if we went back to the old system. Oklahoma would be playing in the Orange Bowl, USC in the Rose Bowl and Auburn in the Sugar Bowl, and USC would be National Champs if they beat Michigan. I certainly dont think that fixes anything.

Utah would be in some Athenay bowl, and Cal would still be in the Holiday Bowl as that is its conference tie in for the #2 team.

What sucks is who is more deserving to go to the Rose Bowl, Cal or Michigan. Texas is ranked #4 in the BCS, they are deserving. Cal is crying because Texas passed them on the final day, but why is Michigan getting a free pass not ranked in the top 10.

The only way to settle this is to get rid of the automatic bids for teams like Michigan and Pitt this yr. If you cant finish in the top 8-10, you dont deserve to be playing on New years day. Let the top 8 in the BCS go to the big bowls with the and 1 concept. The top 4 teams play 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 and those winners play in the National Championship 1 week later.

OU would play Texas

USC would play Auburn

Winners would play in the National Championship game.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Im not saying the old system sucks. But if we went back to the old system. Oklahoma would be playing in the Orange Bowl, USC in the Rose Bowl and Auburn in the Sugar Bowl, and USC would be National Champs if they beat Michigan. I certainly dont think that fixes anything.

(quote)

Why would Usc be national champions, why not Oklahoma, in 97 Michigan and Nebreska split. Theres no difference.

I agree get rid of the 2 and 3 loss teams, but does that really say who is better.

You would have teams padding there schedule even more. Whos the say a 2 or 3 loss team isnt better than a undefeated team in another conference.

Lets just say, Auburn was ranked above Oklahoma in the begining of the year, they would be in the title game and u wouldnt be. Is that fair, no, but thats what happened this year. Wasnt last year 1vs2 and 3vs4, or close to it, and what did we have a split.

Look this year your team is in the title game(again). But if u were undefeated and not playing in the NC game you would be upset right. Auburn is undefeated and there not in, is that fair no. Dont give me this computer ranking stuff, or strength of conference, we all know thats garbage. Last year everyone said how great the Big12 was, and they got spanked in the bowl games. After it was all said and done,

the espn game crew said, maybe the big12 was overrated. Now, maybe there right this year, and they are as good as they say. Lets face it, this system will never work until theres a playoff.

Think about this, maybe youll come around. Last year MIchigan beat Ohio St, Ohio.St beat Kansas St. Does that mean Michigan was better than Oklahoma

because Kansas St beat Oklahoma? See my point.

There is no real good answer with playoffs etc.. there will always be someone bitching about it. Say you have a playoff where the top 8 teams get in, whoever is left out at number 9 will be bitching about their lost opportunity.

In your 1vs 4, 2 vs 3 playoff scenario above, why reward a team like Texas by giving them an extra game to try to beat Oklahoma.. that is what makes college football so great, you lose once during the season and it effects your rankings.. Every game is crucial. Every game counts.

Leave it like it is, tweak the voting because not every coach can watch each team during the season so they have no clue except what they hear on ESPN. That is the real problem here. REalize that Lee Corso and his idiotic mind has more influence on which teams are voted where just by what he says on TV. Now that sucks.

Leave the system how it is, and tell everyone to quit bitching. Play the toughest schedule in the country and win every game and you get to be champion. Lose a game and all bets are off.