[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priest News....

aaronvh

If owned Holmes I would trade him now while you can. RBBC is in effect already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priest Holmes - RB, Kansas City Chiefs 09/07/05

Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil said on ESPN's Sportscenter on Wednesday that if all goes as planned, Priest Holmes will get 20-22 carries a game and backup Larry Johnson would get 10-12.

Huddle Up: Before you do the math, realize that the Chiefs will not be giving the ball to their running backs an average of 34 times each game, so Vermeil's figures are probably a bit high. However, the percentages (roughly a 65/35 split) may be on target. It may be difficult for Holmes owners to believe that he may not be the fantasy goldmine he was a couple of years back, but this turn of events could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Holmes remains a dynamic talent, but when your backup is Larry Johnson, why not give him a handful carries each game to keep Holmes fresh and fit for the stretch run?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus LJ steals the TD's in the redzone.

Can you name a team where the backup doesn't go in for 10 or 12 plays?

This is not an issue. If the Chiefs are up by say 14 points, would it not be wise to sit priest and let Johnson play?

I own Priest on two teams, I am not concerned because we all know that the time Priest is playing he makes the best of it.

If they sit him after he scores twice, I will be happy with that.

I would be happy if my RB's could score twice a game.

I don't have him handcuffed in one of my leauges, and other owners seem to be afraid to trade for him because of all the crap that is being said about his health.

I hope he rolls this year, and everyone who rejected my trade, they can kiss my :D