[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sazerac

Big F'n Dave

The official drink of New Orleans and possibly the first American cocktail. Had never had one before last weekend and I have to say - Daddy likes. Tried them from a couple different uptown bars. Very subtle differences (one added a sugar cube, the other simple syrup) but with one overwhelming characteristic in common - they'll get you f*cked up like a soup sandwich. I highly recommend anyone in the Big Easy knock back a couple. :tup:

I had a guy ask me for one once at our place but there is a special type of bitters they use for that. I rigged one up for him that wasnt the real deal but passable. Id love to try an authentic one

I had a guy ask me for one once at our place but there is a special type of bitters they use for that. I rigged one up for him that wasnt the real deal but passable. Id love to try an authentic one

First rule if you're ordering one out. Don't order one in any bar where you have to shout your order. If the bartender is wearing a tie, all the better. Obviously, if they have to ask, change your order.

Last time in was in NOLA, my host made the mistake of ordering a round and a club and, once we got them was quick to say, "I wanted you all to try a Sazerac, and you still wont have done so once you drink these." The next day, we went to a store, bought a bottle of rye, some absinthe, and some peychauds and made them proper. At that point, I was hooked and order them when I feel I'm in the sort of place that knows what they're doing.

It's a wonderful drink and the only argument I ever hear from the purists is whether you just rim the glass with the lemon peel or toss it in afterwards. Needless to say, either should be fine.