[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting advice

Jets4L

I'm in a 10 team league where I'm picking 9th this year (runner up last season). Its a 2 QB league (starter and flex option). I don't have my 3rd & 4th draft picks from trading them away last season but have an extra 6th & 11th pick. Do I draft a top WR/RB with my 1st pick and a QB with my 2nd pick or do I take the top WR/RB with my first two picks then when I'm up again at the 5th pick begin grabbing QBs? What do you think I should do?

Since you traded future picks last year, I assume this is some form of keeper league.... who are your keepers?

If no keepers, then I hope you won the league last year if you gave up 2 early picks this year for it. Assuming relatively normal scoring system, and relatively normal lineup options other than the QB eligible flex, this essentially is a start 2 QB league and I'd advocate going QB first in most instances and then depending on who was there and what the other owners did, then best available in the 2nd, buy you would need to seriously consider QB again in the 2nd if this league drafts anything close to what I have seen in most QB heavy leagues like this where you will be looking at something like 16-18 QBs going in the first 5-6 rounds. Not having a 3rd or 4th round pick is going to hamstring you.

• Like 1

I was thinking I could draft the QBs with the two 6th rd picks I have. Since I don't have my 3rd or 4th rd picks this way I can get top talent before waiting two rds. Most QBs in this league don't really go until the 3rd or 4th rds besides someone drafting a Cam or Rogers early. But you might be right about drafting a QB early to make up the talent I wont get from not having those picks.