[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Cheatsheets Ridiculous This Year?

I realize that any site's IDP cheat sheet will be highly subjective every year, and I certainly never take them as gospel. But is it just me, or  do this year's sheets look completely phoned- in? I mean one glance at them, and I didn't even consider using them. Usually they are better than any free site, and they almost look randomly generated this year. I've been a happy Huddle user for a very long time now, and just didn't expect this at all.  Still love the site, but this just stuck out like a sore thumb with me… 

• Like 1

I agree, they are really wack. It looks like they made the (strange) projections back in May or June, then never bothered updating anything since. Myles Jack isn't even a starter going into the year, yet there he is inside the Top 5. Perryman's gonna miss at least a month, he's still inside the Top 5. Rookies, Reddick is too high, J Davis is too low. And a number of veteran stars just don't seem projected right at all (J Freeman and Burfict are barely LB3's?)....and that's just the Linebackers! I just put guys in the order I like in my Pre-Draft Rankings, and use the Huddle list to just keep track of who's been drafted and who's still available.

• Like 1

I agree. I feel let down. I trusted the names even though I did not know them. I thought I was out of touch. It turns out Jack and Lee really aren't the top 2 LBs? What is the explanation for this. This is like the ridiculous Yahoo pre-draft rankings. I surely did not think the Huddle put up bogus info.

• Like 1

Honorable mention for Jatavis Brown, D Jones, Shazier, Mosley, P Brown. McKinney had good statistical numbers last year but his performace measurable were not, he may not hold his job as a starter.

I would like to know who the full time LB for Indy and Oak is gonna be.

On 8/26/2017 at 1:58 PM, staniels12 said:

I realize that any site's IDP cheat sheet will be highly subjective every year, and I certainly never take them as gospel. But is it just me, or  do this year's sheets look completely phoned- in? I mean one glance at them, and I didn't even consider using them. Usually they are better than any free site, and they almost look randomly generated this year. I've been a happy Huddle user for a very long time now, and just didn't expect this at all.  Still love the site, but this just stuck out like a sore thumb with me… 

• Like 1

I for one am very disappointed with The Huddle over all. The IDP alone is poor quality and unrealiable. Whereas Joey Bosa is totally omitted from all reporting. How can that be? And makes everything suspect. No rookie IDP features? The digital customer experience is poor. What exactly are we paying for? Is this site for "in season only". 

Another oversight is Khalil Mack.  Huddle lists him as a #48 LB.  Everyone else including our draft site listed him as a DL.  Mack should be a top 5 DL so I signed him as a DL.  I trust The Huddle to provide authentic and thought out rankings since I paid $30 which includes IDP's.  Just makes me wonder how The Huddle views the IDP's.  Do they view this as a red-headed step child?

Some sites categorize Mack as an LB, some as a DL, Huddle doesn't have any control over that. He definitely one of the Big 3 DL's with Watt and Bosa. I'd rather have Bosa or Mack over Watt myself (less mileage), I'll take whichever falls to me. Clowney, D Hunter or Vernon (J Hughes too) are some nice consolation prizes though.

I agree that the rankings are not as good as they use to be.  The main reason I subscribed to The Huddle was because of Steve Gallo.  He gave some pretty good analysis of a subject that not many cover.  You can get offensive players info from any number of sites.  Does anyone know where Steve Gallo may have gone and if he is still providing IDP analysis?

I'm still here. 

We had a new person doing the preseason projections this year. 

As far as no rookie features that's inaccurate as there were three: One for each of

DL http://thehuddle.com/2017/05/08/fantasy-football-rookie-preview-defensive-linemen/

LB  http://thehuddle.com/2017/05/08/fantasy-football-rookie-preview-linebackers/

and DB http://thehuddle.com/2017/05/08/fantasy-football-rookie-preview-defensive-backs/

I will still be doing weekly IDP projections for all positions just like in year's past. Due to time constraints the in-season weekly IDP projections will be all that I'm doing besides hosting the Blitzed Podcast, this year. 

As for Mack, he's listed as a LB at MFL and that's where we get our player designations from. 

Also, I should point out that the IDP rankings you have seen are done by placing names in order. Projections are made for each player and then whatever scoring system you use (or the default scoring system) is what ranks the players. Either way, if you feel a player is "ranked" too high that's fair but I thought I should point out it is all based off of projections. And in all honesty, doing pre-season projections for IDPs is about as difficult a set of projections someone can be asked to make as their are. As off as some may think the "rankings" are, go back and look at anyone's ranking from last year and then compare to year end rankings and you'll see just how much variance there is. 

I'll also say that like with everything, we will assess things after the year plays out and if we find the rankings, while not popular were good then we'll stay the course, if they prove to have been poorly done then we'll look to fix that issue. 

Keggerz, if Myles Jack and Denzel Perryman are top 3 LBs, Joey Bosa doesn't crack the top 50 DLs, and Landon Collins isn't a top 20 DB (discounting injuries of course), then give whatever kid compiled these rankings a fat raise. Otherwise, I would suggest the Huddle pay you whatever you require to do the IDP Cheatsheets next year. You're a big draw for this site, as good IDP analysis is hard to come by. This is the first time in almost a decade I didn't even bother printing out the IDP Cheatsheets to track players for my drafts, since they were so far out of sorts. I used a free sheet from ESPN, and had to take a shower after I printed it, I felt so dirty :) There's obviously no way that you had anything to do with their production this year.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:41 PM, keggerz said:

I'm still here. 

We had a new person doing the preseason projections this year. 

As far as no rookie features that's inaccurate as there were three: One for each of

DL http://thehuddle.com/2017/05/08/fantasy-football-rookie-preview-defensive-linemen/

LB  http://thehuddle.com/2017/05/08/fantasy-football-rookie-preview-linebackers/

and DB http://thehuddle.com/2017/05/08/fantasy-football-rookie-preview-defensive-backs/

I will still be doing weekly IDP projections for all positions just like in year's past. Due to time constraints the in-season weekly IDP projections will be all that I'm doing besides hosting the Blitzed Podcast, this year. 

As for Mack, he's listed as a LB at MFL and that's where we get our player designations from. 

1. Mack needs to be listed in both DL column, where he will rank highly, and in LB where he is middling.  More sites have him as DL than LB, so your lists really should reflect where he is at either position.

2. I too am very disappointed in the omissions and frankly bizarre ratings for the IDPs this year.  Not up to the usual standards.  Found myself looking elsewhere for IDP rankings for the first time in many years.

3. The Huddle is seriously on the decline from top to bottom.  Others have been saying it for a year or so now, but now I am starting to agree.  Let's see how in-season goes because at this point I seriously doubt I'll be back next season absent improvement.

Fwiw I've asked to have the projections tweaked before the end of today.  

Honestly had I seen this sooner I'd have had it handled sooner. Just not in the forums much anymore. Best and fastest way to get me is on twitter (@SteveGalloNFL). 

4 hours ago, keggerz said:

Fwiw I've asked to have the projections tweaked before the end of today.  

Honestly had I seen this sooner I'd have had it handled sooner. Just not in the forums much anymore. Best and fastest way to get me is on twitter (@SteveGalloNFL). 

So just out of curiosity can we expect to see an updated IDP players list/rankings in the next few days? Thanks 

1 hour ago, JaySwift said:

So just out of curiosity can we expect to see an updated IDP players list/rankings in the next few days? Thanks 

It was completed earlier today and turned in for the site to update. Should hopefully see it tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

1. Mack needs to be listed in both DL column, where he will rank highly, and in LB where he is middling.  More sites have him as DL than LB, so your lists really should reflect where he is at either position.

2. I too am very disappointed in the omissions and frankly bizarre ratings for the IDPs this year.  Not up to the usual standards.  Found myself looking elsewhere for IDP rankings for the first time in many years.

3. The Huddle is seriously on the decline from top to bottom.  Others have been saying it for a year or so now, but now I am starting to agree.  Let's see how in-season goes because at this point I seriously doubt I'll be back next season absent improvement.

To 1...Unfortunately we aren't able to move players to designations that we think they should be as for other league management softwares having him as a DL it's something people in those leagues can exploit. He's a top 3 DL (arguably #1) so if we have him at LB and he's a DL in your league where he'd rank at the position should be clear.

2. My apologies, I didn't have the time I've had in the past to proof them, even though that's not my job next year I'll make sure I proof them. Sorry that doesn't help for this year. 

3. Sorry you feel that way. I'll be handling in-season IDP projections like I have in the past and my hope is that you find them valuable. On the offensive side, DMD doesn't do all the work but he is responsible for the majority of it and while my opinion may seem biased, I think he does one hell of a job. 

Again, apologies for the issue with the pre-season rankings this year. 

DL and LB look somewhat better now, but the DBs are looking really strange.

Shaq Thompson as #1 and Jahleel Addae as #4 in my leagues scoring system.  Very strange.

Does anyone have a good alternative to use this season?  Hopefully huddle gets their **** together for next season.