[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on NYG TE Evan Engram??

Any Giants fans out there? What are you hearing about this guy? I feel like he is not getting the love the other high pick rookie TEs are. He was not drafted in my league and I only have Ebron on my team at the moment. Anybody have any thoughts on this dude??

Edited by chiefswarpath

I took Engram late as a flier type in a league that just drafted (have Eifert too).

Historically rookie TEs don't do much. That said, Henry showed us it can be done. The Giants have used him all over the formation in preseason. Dude is fast and a natural playmaker. He's shown to block well too which will keep him on the field.

With all of the weapons on this team, he will find space and is fast enough to get underneath quick or take slower defenders up the seam. I'm a homer but also intrigued enough to see what happens. If you have a dud 6th receiver laying around, why not see what happens? Especially if you have a flex spot. Upside is there.

• Like 1

agree with @soopanuts, you hope he catches fire and becomes an Eli favorite or at least on the Radar of trust, before that happens he's going to be a stash-n-see.  

No one drafted him in our rookie dynasty draft but we do not have to play a TE position although I highlighted him as a guy I'm targeting as all our WR spots are WR/TE.  

I thought former Viking Rhett Ellison was still considered TE1?  Either way it's not 100% clear yet probably have to wait until season starts for more clarity.

22 minutes ago, soopanuts said:

Rhett was brought in to help block before the draft. They will share time depending on the situation, but if Engram can hold those blocks and open up the middle, watch out. I've been stashing him late wherever I can to see how things unfold.

Engram is definitely someone I'm watching, dude looks legit for sure.