[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Abdullah or Crowell?

I actually like Abdullah. Most people will probably say Crowell, but the det vs atl game will be higher scoring, and I just feel like abdullah is due to break a long td run. He has also been getting plenty of carries so I trust the workload.

Edited by dugtoni

This is a tough one. I have a feeling one of these guys will hopefully have a big game, maybe both. I would say Abdullah but I have a feeling Riddick will snipe a fair amount of his pass catching opportunities, and there should be a lot of those. If Abdullah gets those passes he would be my choice but I think I would go with Crowell honestly and hope he has a good game and goes over 100.

Edited by tylcook13

Neither guy catches many passes.  Crowell to me is the better guy based on talent but once the Browns go down he barely sees the field.

Abdullah put together a nice game against the Giants on Monday, if the Lions can keep it close with Atl, I feel he'll be involved.

They are both in the same position in terms of use.

Both backs are heavily reliant on the game script.  If it's a shootout, forget about it, but if the games stay close, then they are both serviceable backs, and I would give the slight edge to abdullah.  Abdullah has the better floor, but Crowell has the higher ceiling, and more boom or bust.  Vic Beasley being out would make it easier for the Lions to keep the game a little more controlled, aka more abdullah.  

Good question.  I actually have both in one league, too.  My fear with Atlanta is that they give up a lot to receiving RB's so I think Abdullah will be sniped by Riddick.  The Lions have used Abdullah in the passing attack, too, but Riddick is the guy there.  I think there will be a lot of passing and a lot of scoring.  Since Barry Sanders retired, the Lions really are a pass first/run second team.  I think Crowell will have more yards/points even if that game is lower scoring.  I'm going with Crowell, myself.  He's due to go off and he's been chomping at the bit with the coaching staff, too, AND he went up against some pretty decent defenses in the last 2 weeks. 

Almost a coin flip scenario. I'm leaning slightly towards Abdullah, as well. Yes, Detroit is RBBC mostly, but Stafford spreads the ball so much that they don't suffer too much. That, and like the others say, should be a high scoring game. 

Crowell has a real slow start and I don't think going against the Colts will help him much. Plus, Duke still dominates their pass-catching. 

Truly, you probably won't suffer with either choice, so go with your gut on this one.