[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Goff vs. Carr.... Flex help too...

monster2333

Goff vs. Philly.  Could be a shootout with 2 of the best offenses in the NFL.  But Philly D is good too - #13 vs. QBs.

Carr @KC.  He had a great game against KC the last time around, but hasn't been great lately.  KC is #30 against QBs and with Peters out...

Flex:  I've got Burkhead at RB, Thomas at WR (:headbang:) and Brate at TE.  Hopkins is one of my flex plays, so I've got to fill my other flex spot.  Choices are:

Collins @PIT - he's been my guy the last month or so, but I don't really like the matchup - Pit is #7 against RBs.

Crowell vs. GB - Mostly a bad year with a couple decent games, but a pretty good matchup - GB is #27 against RBs.

C.J. Anderson vs. NYJ - yuck.  Jets are #6 vs. RBs and Anderson is awful.

Woodhead @PIT - Not enough touches since coming back.  But could outscore Collins if Ravens are forced to pass more.

ASJ @DEN - Probably crazy to even consider it, but Denver has been awful (#30) vs. TEs this year.

I really think it comes down to Collins or Crowell, but I can't decide.  Thanks for your help!

16 minutes ago, monster2333 said:

Well, you guys are no help...  :D

The more I look, the more undecided I am.  At this point, I think I'm leaning towards Collins but am still absolutely undecided...  

I lean toward Collins because Balt is going to want to slow this game down, especially with Jimmy Smith out.  So they are going to want to keep it on the ground as often as possible. 

The only thing I can see going against that strategy is if Pitt jumps out to a big lead and Woodhead sees allot of work.  But these divisional rivalry games are usually close

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I lean toward Collins because Balt is going to want to slow this game down, especially with Jimmy Smith out.  So they are going to want to keep it on the ground as often as possible. 

The only thing I can see going against that strategy is if Pitt jumps out to a big lead and Woodhead sees allot of work.  But these divisional rivalry games are usually close

Exactly my thoughts too.  And the fact that Collins has been hot lately.  Plus, he did post good numbers against Pit in their first game (9-82).  What's got me 2nd guessing - along with what you said about Pit jumping out early - is that it's on the road.  Collins has been decidedly better at home (13.1 pts/game) than on the road (6.7 pts).  His only 2 good road games were back in week 3 (9-82 @JAX) and Week 11 against a bad GB run defense (20-49, TD).  Even the GB game wasn't that great, but the TD saved him.

Crowell's more balanced in that regard, averaging 8.4 in both home and away games.  And he gets that same bad GB run defense at home.

I guess I've only got about another 47 hours to think about it... :blink:  And ultimately, probably make the wrong decision.  

4 minutes ago, monster2333 said:

Exactly my thoughts too.  And the fact that Collins has been hot lately.  Plus, he did post good numbers against Pit in their first game (9-82).  What's got me 2nd guessing - along with what you said about Pit jumping out early - is that it's on the road.  Collins has been decidedly better at home (13.1 pts/game) than on the road (6.7 pts).  His only 2 good road games were back in week 3 (9-82 @JAX) and Week 11 against a bad GB run defense (20-49, TD).  Even the GB game wasn't that great, but the TD saved him.

Crowell's more balanced in that regard, averaging 8.4 in both home and away games.  And he gets that same bad GB run defense at home.

I guess I've only got about another 47 hours to think about it... :blink:  And ultimately, probably make the wrong decision.  

I would say Crowell probably has the safer floor but Collins the higher ceiling.  Crowell has been better of late but if they go down 14 points, it'll be The Duke show for cleveland

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

I would say Crowell probably has the safer floor but Collins the higher ceiling.  Crowell has been better of late but if they go down 14 points, it'll be The Duke show for cleveland

Agreed.  I wish Crowell played late like Collins so I could get a feel for how my matchup is going and decide if I can play it safe or need to swing for the fences.  Maybe it'll come down to a coin flip.  :D

39 minutes ago, dougsul said:

Goff is at home while Carr is on the road.   I lean towards Goff, plus how many good games has Carr really had during the past eight games.

Yeah, Carr hasn't been spectacular by any means, but he hasn't put up any real stinkers either.  The KC pass D is awful and with their best DB suspended, they should be even worse.  If their offense shows up like it did last week, it could turn into a shootout.  Probably similar to my RB choices - Goff is probably the safer play, but Carr's got the big upside potential.