[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hunt or Collins Dilemma

KV28

Happy Semifinal week for many of you out there, I was able to stick with Kareem Hunt and was rewarded to moving on to the next round.

So here is the issue I am in a full ppr league and I have some running back studs: Todd Gurley (@ SEA), Kareem Hunt (vs LAC), and Alex Collins (@ CLE)

A good dilemma to have I suppose, but a choice still to make at first glance I see starting Gurley and Hunt a know brainer. However, Lets dig into the numbers for a second:

Hunt over the last four weeks Hunt has averaged 11.6 pts with his only big week last week 22.80 pts breaking his TD drought

Gurley has averaged 20.43 pts with a solid outing last week as well of 28.50 pts his week 5 matchup vs SEA (at home) he only produced 5 pts (as you might remember this is the game where the ball went out of the back of the end zone robbing him of a TD early)

Collins has been red hot as of late coming off 23 and 24 pt outings averaging 19.8 pts over his last four games. His touches have increased over coming weeks and the touchdowns have been there to boot scoring 5 in his last 4 games.

Unfortunately Hunt plays Saturday night making it so I cannot pick based on high risk high reward.

In my mind I am confident I can get 18-20 points from Collins against the browns who just let up 30.80 to Jamaal Williams and have let up an average 21.18 pts to starting running backs over the last four weeks. However, I think Hunt gives me the higher upside play where if they give him as many touches as he received last week he could be in the 20-25+ range.

Let me know your thoughts it is greatly appreciated!!

This decision is a lot easier if your league is PPR. Gurley is a PPR monster, and Hunt looks poised to carry the team this weekend. Hunt destroyed the Chargers in week 3. In fact, he had more yards rushing (177) than Alex Smith had passing (155) in that game. It's hard to imagine sitting Hunt in this spot. Collins doesn't catch many passes with Woodhead and Buck Allen there. I'd also add that the Browns' rush D is actually pretty good. Jamaal Williams only averaged 3.3 ypc against Cleveland last week. He did more damage as a receiver which I don't think you'll see with Collins. Hopefully that helps you feel more comfortable benching Collins, as tough as that might be to do.

• Like 1