[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D'Onta Foreman

Courduroy

I have not found any news yet.  Hopefully a HOU homer will chime in on local sports talk.

I have him on my watch list.  He is much better than Blue.  Miller will have his seasonal injury and hopefully Foreman can take the reigns.

Now is the time to stash him if you want to take a shot. Doubt hed be a league winner but RB2 value in this RB landscape could be a godsend depending on the team. Not on a lot of peoples radars, especially with the bye week shuffle in full swing and early waiver fools gold.

I wouldn't be surprised if he came straight into a role on this offense and eventually takes over the backfield even without a serious injury to Miller.

He's worth a flyer if you want to be ahead of the curve. Miller hasn't exactly been lighting it up, and Blue is pedestrian at best. I picked him up this morning and put him in my IR slot.

In regards to latest news, there doesn't seem to be any. I scoured the internet lastnight and couldn't find any recent updates other than a few analysts recommending him as a stash.

9 hours ago, LordOpie said:

yeah, but 10-15 years ago, achilles injuries were career ending, about 4-5 years ago, it was "lost several steps", but I think we're on the verge of looking at achilles injuries along the lines of ACLs. Same as patellars

Hmmmm, I don't know if I'd compare achilles injuries to ACL injuries, especially at the RB position.  I can't think of any RB's that returned from a ruptured achilles and been close to the same.

Achilles for WRs = can regain some straight line speed and burst with a low amount of defenders landing on top of them = some have made it back from the injury

Achilles for RBs = push off is limited and runs into lines of 300 pound unpredictable weights that pull and twist ankles in the pile = none have ever come back to sustained usefulness

Foreman was a 245ish pound RB in college - was already a heavy dude. Take 10 months off from true workouts and he probably weighs like a TE by now. Not so good for a bad wheel. Can see him blow another tire or axle pretty easily.

Or perhaps Foreman is the exception to history.

• Like 1

Ask and you shall receive, Bill Obrien has said Foreman is on track to return week 7 per ESPN correspondent Sarah Barshop.

I understand its tough to buy a RB returning from a ruptured achilles but Terrell Suggs has come back twice from ruptured achilles and if there is any position most like a RB as far as explosiveness and lateral movement I'd say DE is it.  Not saying Foreman is close to the athlete Suggs is, but he is about a century younger and the rest of the Hou backfield is abysmal so worth a flyer.

He won the Doak in 2016 for best FBS RB while dropping 2K yards on 330 carries, thats a 6+yd/carry avg playing in the Big-12.  Those are AP numbers.  He had a great start to the season last year and had probably won the starting job over Miller during the game he was injured in.  I believe the biggest thing in his favor is Lamar Miller is every bit as useless this year as he was last year.  Teams have to respect Watson both throwing and running so even if Foreman isn't 100% of what he was pre-injury I think he could be a very serviceable RB2 at 75% given who he has to beat.

Lamar Miller gets a lot of undeserved flak.  The Texans might have the worst offensive line in the NFL.  Averaging 3.9ypc behind that line is respectable.  And Lamar has the second highest PFF pass blocking grade for a running back this year.  Lamar is not going to be supplanted by D'Onta this season. 

The Texans probably have no intention of giving D'Onta a heavy workload this season.  Returning from an Achilles injury is a 2-year process when successful.  It usually isn't successful.  No running back has ever returned to form after rupturing their Achilles tendon.  Running backs need explosiveness.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Thanks 2