[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please tell me your opinion G Tate vs Metcalf

Tasandmnm

Here is how I broke it down for a friend because they rank them about equal and I put Tate quite a bit ahead of him.

Tate is taking over his normal comfy role in the slot where he is a proven high volume receiver and even though he is a little older is still obviously a playmaker. Jones isn't afraid to throw it to him and he legit has a shot at being the #1 target hog for the Giants.

Metcalf is the epitome of boom or bust. He only gets a few shots a game do if it doesn't go perfectly its gonna be a sad day. But when he hits he can hit big. No floor but a good ceiling. I feel Tate has a much higher floor while also having a pretty good ceiling.

Agree? Thoughts?

Edited by Tasandmnm

I tend to agree with you, although Metcalf may have some floor with the loss of Will Dissley. It may translate into more targets for Metcalf... SEA has had Luke Willson for a while and didn't really use him, so I wouldn't expect that to change. Metcalf may end up being the big red zone target.

Tate will always be good for a decent share of targets, but will fight at least Saquon and Engram (potentially Sterling too) for targets. He likely won't be targeted as much as Metcalf in the red zone.

Ultimately, I'm still giving the edge to Tate, but wouldn't say he's miles ahead of Metcalf.