Sign in to follow this  
Bill Swerski

Jeff Saturday

I noticed that Saturday was pulled from Thursday's game with what was described as a "calf injury." Any news on the severity?

I'm not sure where, but i remember reading somewhere that he may miss 2 weeks because of the injury.

He will at least miss the Dec. 5 game against Titans. DeMulling should start at center, if he has recovered from his chest injury. Tupe Peko will miss at least another week with the high ankle sprain meaning the Colts will start two rookie guards for the third straight game.

He will at least miss the Dec. 5 game against Titans.  DeMulling should start at center, if he has recovered from his chest injury.  Tupe Peko will miss at least another week with the high ankle sprain meaning the Colts will start two rookie guards for the third straight game.

577813[/snapback]

Amazing that the offense hasn't seemed to miss a beat. Be nice to have the O-Line healed up by week 15

Amazing that the offense hasn't seemed to miss a beat.  Be nice to have the O-Line healed up by week 15

577900[/snapback]

Cap'n, what do you think of Jake Scott long term? IIRC he can play guard or tackle...how does he fit into long term plans and how good is he?

Scott has played very well for a rookie. I knew the Colts liked him when they cut Steve Sciullo in the offseason in order to give Scott the back-up job. Sciullo was a starter for much of the year last year. RT Ryan Diem is a restricted FA, I believe, and Rick DeMulling is a unrestricted FA. I think Scott will probably take DeMulling's spot at guard next year. I honestly don't worry too much about the Colt o-line. Howard Mudd is one of the best line coaches in the league. It seems like he can plug in anyone and they fit right in. Plus, the Colts always draft at least one offensive lineman in the draft each year. Gotta protect the investment. . .